X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duke49th
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul M View Post
    Make sure you have the PL2 files (check the contents of includes/version_vbulletin.php).

Its working now. I needed to log out and log in again to make the changes visible (to update the message which version you're using).
    Just reloading the page didnt work for me...for whatever reason. But now its working.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Paul M
    replied
    Make sure you have the PL2 files (check the contents of includes/version_vbulletin.php).

Leave a comment:

• Duke49th
    replied
    Hi. I applied the patch today. But it still shows me that I use Patch Level 1. Why is that? I overwrite all files. Any idea? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Paul M
    replied
    You do not need to run the upgrade script if you were on 4.2.2 previously.

JFYI, the 4.2.2 patch files in the members area have been updated to PL2 now.

Leave a comment:

• tommythejoat
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery View Post
    You should really just upload all the files.
    Do you mean it is not necessary to run the upgrade script? i.e. just upload and overwrite the files.

Leave a comment:

• dugchugger
    replied
    Gotcha. Doing so now.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    You should really just upload all the files.

Leave a comment:

• dugchugger
    replied
    By "follow the above" are you referring to and confirming Brian Tyndall's list of the files that were changed with this "patch"?

As the Patch Guy might put this up today, I'll wait for now; but if I don't see anything by the end of the day I'd like to just change the files listed in Brian's post... if confirmed that's the complete list of changes.

I think it's great that you folks gave us the opportunity to implement this without having to wait for Patch Dude to do his magic, but it would have been helpful if there was a short message in the cp letting us know this so we didn't hit a brick wall looking for the patch under patches.

Leave a comment:

• Paul M
    replied
    There will be a PL2 patch either Friday, or next week, you can follow the above, or wait for that.

Leave a comment:

• clubpromos
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian Tyndall View Post
    It would have helpful to have actually been notified of the latest security release by email.

Here is a list of files to replace that I could find using a diff, if anyone is looking to patch:

admincp/apilog.php
    admincp/apistats.php
    admincp/diagnostic.php
    includes/class_vurl.php
    includes/functions.php
    includes/functions_misc.php
    includes/version_vbulletin.php
    includes/api/1/api_init.php
    includes/api/4/breadcrumbs_create.php
    includes/api/5/api_init.php
    includes/api/7/api_init.php

It seems like vBulletin is becoming less and less bothered with version 4.

Thanks, that's what I was looking for.
    Can anyone confirm that these are the only files that change? I really don't want to take the risk of uploading the whole thing and find myself in the middle of something that I can't repair

Leave a comment:

• Brian Tyndall
    commented on 's reply
    The point I made seems to be missed in relation to not receiving a security advisory by email, and vbulletin's lack lustre attitude to version 4.

PHP 5.3 reached end of life in August, and yet we are still waiting on a beta to become stable in vbulletin 4.2.3 with fixes for PHP 5.4 and PHP 5.5.

• Cobra SA
    replied
    I hope we can at least get a mail notification for the next security fixes, regardless of the release format. :-)

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Zachery's explanation is the genuine reason it was done this way. It's not going to change. I'm unsure why you're trying to pick tiny holes in it. This week/next week/last week, doesn't matter, the person who would normally have made a separate patch wasn't here when we needed to release it. Rather than leave sites at risk we released a full build.

Leave a comment:

• Brian Tyndall
    replied
    The release was last week.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    The person who would normally deal with the vBulletin 4 patching is out this week. Instead of waiting longer to release the patch, we released the fix as a full version.

Leave a comment: