Logging in problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Logging in problem

Since I upgraded to the latest patch my members always have to login when they return to the forum. They are checking the "Remember Me" box but it makes no difference.

Would someone be kind enough to advise me please?

Clear your cookies for the site and try logging in again.
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

Originally posted by Hartmut View Post
      Clear your cookies for the site and try logging in again.
      Or, advise your users to do that. Clearing your own cookies won't affect your users' cookies.
      My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
      vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

Thank you

We have done as you've suggested but it hasn't made any difference and we still have to login each time we visit the forum.

Comment

What do you have set for AdminCP > Settings > Options > Cookie settings > Cookie Domain?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Thanks Lynne.

I have it set to .mydomain.co.uk

Comment

Is it possible that your cookie prefix is incorrect or missing from your config.php file?

// Prefix that all vBulletin cookies will have
              // Keep this short and only use numbers and letters, i.e. 1-9 and a-Z
              $config['Misc']['cookieprefix'] = 'bb';

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X