No announcement yet.

Users Color not working correctly, registered message showing to all sub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Users Color not working correctly, registered message showing to all sub

Now that I setup all my subs as "additional usergroups" and not primary it seems when they buy they still stay a registered user as primary. So messages I setup for registered users keep showing even after they become a sub. Also it seems everyone that purchases won't turn a different color for users online. They all stay the registered user color.

How can I make it so that primary usergroup: which is registered will switch over to the secondary usergroup: sub when they purchase?

Some people buy more than one sub and nothing is working correctly now.

in the secondary usergroups, do you have Can override primary group title/markup set to Yes?

As for notices, if you leave them in the Registered Usergroup, then they will see those notices. I can't think of any way around that except custom coding.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
      in the secondary usergroups, do you have Can override primary group title/markup set to Yes?

As for notices, if you leave them in the Registered Usergroup, then they will see those notices. I can't think of any way around that except custom coding.
      I dont see the option to "override primary group title" in the usergroup.

I don't want them to stay in the registered user group. I would actually like them to change to the sub they but, then if they cancel the sub and time runs out they go back to registered.

Example
      1) User registers and is in "registered user group"
      2) User buys subscription A and is put into "subscription A usergroup"
      3) If user buys "subscription B" I would want them to stay in group A and B
      4) If both subscriptions finally expire go back to group "registered"

However I cant seem to make the setup work as some users have 4 subscriptions.

Thoughts?

Comment

'Can override primary group title/markup' option shows for custom usergroups only.

In order to change usergroups as if they have subscriptions or not, I think you can manage them from Usergroup Options in 'Paid Subscriptions' section.
        You could better use Additional Usergroups to gain them access over the registered usergroup
        Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns

Links: vBulletin Manual - Code Documentation - FAQ - Bug Tracker - Lemon Juice
        vBulletin 5 Connect: Extensions - Articles - Features - Purchases

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X