No announcement yet.

Subscriptions Not Updating Forum Users - manually having to cancel subs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Subscriptions Not Updating Forum Users - manually having to cancel subs

Hey everyone, I hope someone can help...... having a hard time figuring this one out.

My forum has a ton of subscriptions because each sub gets a different software package. When I first set it up I had each sub change the primary usergroup over from registered to whatever sub they bought. Meaning each sub was marked as a primary in the options.

The issue came when someone tried to purchase more than one sub, they would not stack correctly.

So I went and made all users primary as "registered" and the secondary is the actual sub. I also set all prices at $39.99 to start.

After I switched it from a primary usergroup to a secondary it seems the subscriptions no longer work, they all fail even tho they go through in paypal. I have to manually remove subs now which doesnt work well when I have 25,000 members.

So what caused this? The initial sub set to a primary group and then switching to a secondary or changing my price from $39.99 to $29.99 on the given sub?

If you changed the price, that is probably what is making things fail. Once you have an active subscription, you cannot change anything for it. You would need to make a new one.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
      If you changed the price, that is probably what is making things fail. Once you have an active subscription, you cannot change anything for it. You would need to make a new one.
      Hey Lynne,

What if I change the price back to the original now? Would it still fail because I made the usergroup an additional group instead of primary? If I do make a new subscription can I change all these subs to the new one and still get the subs to work from paypal?

Comment

If you change anything in an active subscription, you will get failures.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X