X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheBen
    replied
    Originally posted by zascok View Post
    Here we go, but it's beta at the moment http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=254197
    Fantastic. Thanks a lot I have never seen this before over at vb.org.

Leave a comment:

• zascok
    replied
    Here we go, but it's beta at the moment http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=254197

Originally posted by TheBen View Post
    Only thing I have found is the ability to create a network of sites, share forums basically which isn't the same concept as it does not share database information.

Ok, perhaps we can take this another route.....

How do I achieve the same thing as vB.org and hide forums from view but have them available via a link at the top of the site. Because I have messed around a great deal with the settings and cannot achieve the same.

Leave a comment:

• TheBen
    replied
    Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
    If you search at vBulletin.org, there may be modifications that allow user information sharing across different installations.
    Only thing I have found is the ability to create a network of sites, share forums basically which isn't the same concept as it does not share database information.

Ok, perhaps we can take this another route.....

How do I achieve the same thing as vB.org and hide forums from view but have them available via a link at the top of the site. Because I have messed around a great deal with the settings and cannot achieve the same.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    If you search at vBulletin.org, there may be modifications that allow user information sharing across different installations.

Leave a comment:

• TheBen
    replied
    Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
    Are you talking about 4 different installations of vBulletin using a single database or a structure like we have on here?
    I'm contemplating different installs that share login information.

Or alternatively I may hide sections only accessible with a link kinda like vB.org does I just want to see what is achievable and what isn't.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Are you talking about 4 different installations of vBulletin using a single database or a structure like we have on here?

Leave a comment:

• TheBen
    started a topic [Forum] Database sharing???

Database sharing???

Is it possible to achieve a database share between forums, for example I would like to have....

main site
    subforum 1
    subforum 2
    subforum 3

I want them to be able to share login information and that is it, everything else should have the ability to have its own content, is this something I can achieve with vBulletin?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X