Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Current Password" fields missing on EditPassword page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately I already know that manually changing the password won't fix it since I manually changed their password to be able to login under their ID and see the issue first hand. My first thought is that it was just something funky with their internet cache, browser, etc but when I was able to login under their ID and replicate the issue on my computer that's when I realized something else is going on.

Comment

I checked the config.php file and I had skip all errors at the top of the file. I added a line for skip DS errors specifically unsure if that'd make a difference, but alas the fields do not show up under his account still.

At this point should I just try creating a new user account for him? I think it's something that's broken with the Facebook connection since it won't let me disconnect his account.

Comment

If you lookup their accounts in the user table, what does it say under the field "logintype" for them? If you change it to "vb" and then Clear System Cache, does it work then?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Lynne -- thanks so much! That was the trick. The user's logintype was NULL. Should it be VB or FB? That is, I'm finding more users who are having the same issue -- thankfully people don't change their password on a regular basis so it hasn't been too much of an issue. Would it be feasible to simply do a mass update to change logintype to vb where logintype is null?

Comment

I have 524 users where logintype is null, FWIW, out of 4,325.

Comment

logintype should never be NULL. The default should be vb (look at the table structure, default should be set to vb). If a user users facebook to create their account, then it would say fb instead of vb.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

Thanks - very strange! I wonder if users who register via Tapatalk are causing the logintype to be null? I'll run a query to update all null values to vb and also will ensure default is set to vb as well.

Comment

I was able to update the user table to update the 500+ users whose logintype was null but when I looked at the structure the default is null.

Comment

I would change the default to be vb instead of null. This is from the 4.2.2 /install/mysql-schema.php file for the user table:
                    Code:
                    $schema['CREATE']['query']['user'] = "
                    CREATE TABLE " . TABLE_PREFIX . "user (
                        userid INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
                        usergroupid SMALLINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
                        membergroupids CHAR(250) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',

fbname VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
                        logintype ENUM('vb', 'fb') NOT NULL DEFAULT 'vb',
                        fbaccesstoken VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
                        newrepcount SMALLINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
                        PRIMARY KEY (userid),
                        KEY usergroupid (usergroupid),
                        KEY username (username),
                        KEY birthday (birthday, showbirthday),
                        KEY birthday_search (birthday_search),
                        KEY referrerid (referrerid),
                        KEY (fbuserid),
                        KEY (email)
                    )
                    ";
                    So you can see that the default is supposed to be vb, not null.

Comment