Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soft Delete - For record keeping purposes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Soft Delete - For record keeping purposes?

In our old forum software we had to create a hidden forum called our "Archive Forum" as a way to document bad behavior of users in case we needed it for legal reasons later. But it just struck me ... the option for Soft Delete (Leave deleted post) ... seems to accomplish the same goal without having to move the post to another forum.

Is that what its for?

Also, do deleted posts stay searchable (or at least are they on the "view user posts" link) in case we need to go back and find them? Is the content of those posts searchable by keyword ?

Thanks
    Helpful forums on hair loss support and information.

I don't know if that was the intended purpose but it can be used for that. Yes soft deleted posts can be searched by those with permission to do so (admins and super mods and mods if you set them up).
    BrainTalk is a support group for friends, family, caregivers, and patients with neurological disorders and other health related diagnosis.

BrainTalk Communities Inc
    sigpic

Comment

Where is that setting?

Comment

Soft delete should be the default choice for mods and (imo) super mods. As admin I see both (after you select the thread(s) to delete and click on delete thread(s) ) options.
        BrainTalk is a support group for friends, family, caregivers, and patients with neurological disorders and other health related diagnosis.

sigpic

Comment

soft deletes can be searched by those with permission to do so (admins and super mods and mods if you set them u
          Was referring to this statement. Where is the setting to ensure that admin and mods are set up to see soft deleted posts in the search?

Comment

If they can delete posts, they should be able to view deleted posts, and thus should be able to search for them. I don't know off the top of my head that there is a specific setting that allows searching for it.

Comment

There is no setting for it, as long as they have permission to soft delete they should be able to search for them. They would of course have to know a keyword or two in the post or title since you can't search for soft deleted posts directly.

sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X