Forum subscription notice email links to first post, not newest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Forum subscription notice email links to first post, not newest

I subscribe to certain forums and daily I get a subscription notification email like that tells me new/updated posts.

For updated posts, I get info like this:

BUG-NEED FEEDBACK Searching my collection - Error
    http://forums.pathtags.com/showthrea...llection-Error
    In forum: Feature Requests and Bug Reports
    Started by: Southern Traveler
    Last post: 09-13-2012 09:56 AM

First line is the thread title, but no matter how long the thread is - the link always sends me to the FIRST post in a thread, instead of where the new posts start

Can this be changed? I've looked through all settings and googled with no luck on this. Hoping someone here can respond. Thank you in advance.

There is no settings, look into the email templates in phrases. Get the link from lets say lastpost tempaltes and replace it in language email templates

Comment

Originally posted by zascok View Post
      There is no settings, look into the email templates in phrases. Get the link from lets say lastpost tempaltes and replace it in language email templates

Thank you for the reply - any idea what templates? I'm sorry, I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to editing templates and I'm looking at style manager but seeing nothing.

Comment

I don't remember, sorry. Copy couple of words from the received email and search them in the language you are using.

The link can be found in the "lastpost" if I'm not mistaken template it's linked to a small arrow lastpost-right.png (do search in templates for this)

Comment

Found it in phrase manager, not templates or styles like I was looking.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for your help! I appreciate it

Comment

Originally posted by trippy1976 View Post
            Found it in phrase manager, not templates or styles like I was looking.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for your help! I appreciate it
            Can you elaborate more on this? I have been wanting to do this but could not find it. I want to eliminate the actual info of the post also. I am having issues with people not clicking on the link and just reading the reply on the email...

also want to change it to go to newest post like you said.

Thanks,

EDIT: Figured it out.. Thanks for the lead on finding it...
            Last edited by Rckcrwlr; Sat 27 Oct '12, 12:31pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Rckcrwlr View Post
              Can you elaborate more on this? I have been wanting to do this but could not find it. I want to eliminate the actual info of the post also. I am having issues with people not clicking on the link and just reading the reply on the email...

also want to change it to go to newest post like you said.

Thanks,

EDIT: Figured it out.. Thanks for the lead on finding it...
              Can you reply with what you did?

Comment

In AdminCP go to Language/Phrases
                Go to Phrase Manager
                Click on Search in Phrases
                Search for "Here is the message that has just been posted:"
                Look for the Notify Phrase

Now you can make the adjustments needed.

Good Luck

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X