Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zachery
    replied
    They hit pages they're not allowed to view, or they're trying to click on reset password stuff. Its not a big deal, if you change the link to login.php, they'd still go there because they'd get linked there.

login.php is not a content page:

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/login.php
    Lost pw is there though...
    https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/login.php?do=lostpw

Leave a comment:

• G.I.JOE*MFA*
    replied
    yep, I'm always looking for new ways to limit spammers. when looking at Who's Online, I find more often then not, spammers hitting the login page automatically. like a script is running and directing it straight to mysite/forums/login.php

this would just be another step in the anti-spammer process where a physical click to login would be required from a page.

i have other anti-spam mods in place that do work. sometimes too well. this would allow me to disable some of their functions and open up a bit more since most of the spammer traffic is automatically heading to login.php

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    I don't see how renaming login.php would stop spammers from auto-maticly signing up.....

Leave a comment:

• Joe D.
    replied
    Probably realized it would be a great way to stop automatic spammers from signing up.

Unfortunately I've looked into this- it is basically impossible- it is not only templates but login.php is hard coded in a number of the php files too... In hundreds of places.

Perhaps before you start a forum you could have a batch editor crawl though every file in the vBulletin download package and change "login" to "customlogin" but that would make upgrades/patches a bigger pain then dealing with spammers and no guarantee it would work. Would also be ineligible for support using edited files.

I think there was a JIRA for making the register/login php files a value that could be customized via config.php.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Any specific reason? That isn't going to be easy, considering the number of templates you'd have to update.

Leave a comment:

• G.I.JOE*MFA*
    started a topic [CMS] rename login.php ?'s

rename login.php ?'s

I'd like to change the login.php name to something else or just move the file to another directory.

What else would need to be changed to keep links active?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X