Modern Postbit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Modern Postbit

Alright, so as most of us know, by default, all vBulletin forums use the legacy (old) postbit from I don't know what version, but a while ago, I decided to give the modern postbit a try, and it actually looked okay, but there was one thing that just bugged me -- the excess spacing between the date and time, which is why I switched back.

Is there a way remove this excess space so it looks like this?

Today, 2:51 PM
    Also, for both the modern postbit and the legacy postbit, is there a way to remove the excess spacing between the user's information? For example, using Join Date, instead of that big gap, it would be this:

Attached Files
    Former vBulletin user

The "legacy" postbit is vbulletin 2, the "modern" postbit is vBulletin 3. Though it looks worse the larger images you use, but has a nice side effect of always having the signature at the bottom of the post.

You'll need to custom code away your issues with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
      The "legacy" postbit is vbulletin 2, the "modern" postbit is vBulletin 3. Though it looks worse the larger images you use, but has a nice side effect of always having the signature at the bottom of the post.

You'll need to custom code away your issues with it.
      What do you mean by that? Both and legacy and modern postbits show the signature at the bottom, don't they?

Anyway, thinking about it, the excess spacing between the user info. things like Join Date, Location, etc. makes sense. It makes Join Date, Location, etc. aligned evenly.

...etc.
      Going back to the excess spacing between the date and time, wouldn't it just require changing something in the postbit template?

Speaking of that, I took a look at code for that area on both the postbit and postbit_legacy templates, and they looked the same, so I'm not sure why there's an excess space on the modern postbit.
      Former vBulletin user

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X