Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Getting the Facebook "like" back

Hi
    When we first moved to VB, under the defaults on logged in users would be guests and could view the cms and forum.
    At this time, we had our facebook settings set so you could "like articles and forum posts.
    The guy who pays for everything then asked if we could turn off the "open" side of things for guests forcing them to register.
    I'm pretty certain I did this by just unticking "read" in the CMS permissions. (not sure if I edited the forum permissions to not be able to view as from looking at them now they are pretty much all set to "no" for not logged in/unregistered.
    In doing so we lost the facebook "like" options but everything else was working well.

... Now we want to revert back to allow a more open board and get the "like" options back and allow unregsitered/guests more access to the site.
    I've re-ticked Read and Download attatchements in the CMS permissions for Unregistered / Not Logged In and also edited their usergroup to be able to read forum threads.
    This has worked and when I log out I can view around the site... but the facebook "like" buttons have not returned.
    Is there anything else simple I need to do. I thought these would just return as it's not as if I went into the facebook options and turned anything off.

Hope someone can help

What's a URL to a page that should have a Like button on, but doesn't?
    My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
    vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

If you want likes to show, your forum needs to be more or less open to guests, which include the forum for he cms articles.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
        If you want likes to show, your forum needs to be more or less open to guests, which include the forum for he cms articles.
        Yeah, as i said it was before but under instruction we changed it to force registrations.
        I've reticked things in cms permissions

A forum page that normally would have a facebook "like" bit at the top would be - http://www.owlszone.com/showthread.p...-Martin-Taylor
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyg View Post
          A forum page that normally would have a facebook "like" bit at the top would be - http://www.owlszone.com/showthread.p...-Martin-Taylor
          Considering that visiting that page brings up the standard_error template, what exactly would you like to display on your Facebook Wall?

"Mikey G liked 'You Must Login To Continue' at Owlszone.com"? Because the FB spider is a Guest, it can only ever see what Guests see.
          vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
            Considering that visiting that page brings up the standard_error template, what exactly would you like to display on your Facebook Wall?

"Mikey G liked 'You Must Login To Continue' at Owlszone.com"? Because the FB spider is a Guest, it can only ever see what Guests see.
            Fair point.
            Ok, think i've sorted it, I'd missed "view others posts" & "search" in usergroup manager for "not logged in"
            Made the mistake that just because when I logged out and tested it I could see the threads all was good.

Does the "like" button appear on cms articles as although it's back on forum postings, it's not there in CMS?

Comment

I'm seeing it in Forum threads but not CMS articles.

https://developers.facebook.com/tool...the-Blades-way

There doesn't appear to be any og: information. Are you certain you have it enabled in Facebook Options to show on Articles?

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                I'm seeing it in Forum threads but not CMS articles.

https://developers.facebook.com/tool...the-Blades-way

There doesn't appear to be any og: information. Are you certain you have it enabled in Facebook Options to show on Articles?
                Good shout.
                No idea how it got changed but blog and cms "likes" were off.

Appreciate your input Ace

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyg View Post
                  Good shout.
                  No idea how it got changed but blog and cms "likes" were off.

Appreciate your input Ace
                  No problemo. Glad you sorted it in the end.

Comment

Working...
                  X