Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remove user and ALL posts, threads, and blog entries made by them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Remove user and ALL posts, threads, and blog entries made by them?

I've taken over the admin job of a forum that has not been very careful about controlling their spam. I'm trying to clean out all of the entries made with these spam accounts. Is there a way, via ACP or the database, to delete the spam users and all site entries they have made in one "click"?

Originally posted by mobosix View Post
    I've taken over the admin job of a forum that has not been very careful about controlling their spam. I'm trying to clean out all of the entries made with these spam accounts. Is there a way, via ACP or the database, to delete the spam users and all site entries they have made in one "click"?
    To my knowledge, that "tool" doesn't exist... AND, if you delete the user BEFORE you clean up all the mess that they've left behind in the database, it's a royal f'ing pain to manually clean up all the tables, et al.

I had a user request to be deleted for privacy concerns... one of my "helpers" deleted the user account before I could gracefully clean up his tracks...

It took me 12 hours to scrub the database of all the user's old tracks...

I'd pay money for a set of tools that would let me clean up tables, et al. of stuff I don't want/need anymore. An old DB can get quite a spare tire after years of neglect.

Comment

At this point I feel like I should get paid by these guys since I've recommended it in several threads at this point, but the Spam-O-Matic mod you can get from vbulletin.org can do this for you.

Comment

Thanks for that Doug. I've already got the normal StopForumSpam mod installed (installed it as soon as I took over running this new site), but this one looks better.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X