No announcement yet.

Bad link to profile for one usergroup only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right, except for that the Settings link is not easy to find. And they will ask other members and the other members will tell them that its right there at the top of the page. so then they will ask me how come they cannot see the link.

Am I the only one who thinks this setup is counterintuitive?

- - - Updated - - -

But THEY do not know that.... heck, I did not even know that until I ran into this problem!

and its very confusing to members when their rules are so different from other members.

Comment

I guess I just don't see the entire difficulty. I've been using the software for 13 years now and have never gone to My Profile to edit what it says. The Settings link is immediately to the right of the My Profile link. How is it more difficult to find? If they ask, all you need to tell them is that they don't have permission.

Really though, if I had a group that was banned from viewing user profiles, I wouldn't let them edit their own profile either. I'd then update the No Permissions screen to tell them why they can't do so. I guess it is just a different perspective.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X