Link to subscription page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Link to subscription page

Visitors can view the threads but once they click on one they get an error message. How do I change that message into a link to the subscription page?

Thank you!

What do you mean subscription page? Registration? Paid Subscriptions?

Comment

Paid subscriptions. Currently, people have to register and then go to the subscription section of their settings to subscribe. I'd like a link to show when they click on a thread that takes them to that subscription area or page. Right now it's just an error message that might turn them off instead of promoting interest. I've tried searching for it all over and can't find a solution and the site's already being advertised and people are probably thinking the site isn't fully ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaizenga View Post
        Visitors can view the threads but once they click on one they get an error message. How do I change that message into a link to the subscription page?

Thank you!
        You could change the specific phrase and write a note instead including the link to your subscription page.
        No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

Update the nopermission_loggedin phrase to include a link to payments.php.

Languages -> Phrases -> Phrase Manager -> Error Phrase.

Edit the nopermission_loggedin phrase and add something like:

"This section requires a purchased subscription. To purchase your subscription click <a href="payments.php">here</a>."
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Great that's what I need thank you! One problem though, I can't edit the phrase and the help file does not offer any solutions!

- - - Updated - - -

nm got it thank you.

Comment

For anyone else, copy the default text into the translation box (there is a button to do this) and then edit the translation to fit your needs.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment