Paid Forum Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Paid Forum Help!

I'd like to offer a paid forum to some of my visitors, and offer the same subscription for free to others that purchase something else from me, and I'm having a difficult time accomplishing this.

What would be best would be to have a promo code for the subscription so I could give the code to those who I wish to have the subscription for free, but I've yet to find a way to do this.

I could also create a subscription at two price points, one paid and one free, but I don't see a way to give the payment link out to only one of those choices.

Can anyone help me? I thought this would be an easy requirement

What about creating a custom public usergroup with your desired permissions. Your user can request membership in their User-CP and you can check the requests in your Admin-CP and compare if they would be eligable corresponding to other paid subscriptions.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominic View Post
      What about creating a custom public usergroup with your desired permissions. Your user can request membership in their User-CP and you can check the requests in your Admin-CP and compare if they would be eligable corresponding to other paid subscriptions.
      The point is to not have to process things manually. Avoiding the exact process you describe is the reason the paid subscriptions functionality adds the user to the usergroup after payment, so an admin doesn't have to.

Comment

Yes I know what paid subscriptions are for. If you want to have some stuff for free for users who have purchased something previously, I couldn't imagine how do this automatically without an add-on.

Comment