• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr_Running
    replied
    Okay joeychgo,

I will try that.

I just discovered this ...

The insert image button does not display the uploaded image inline if the enter button is used, creating a space between the text and image.

Posting a message with text first then hitting the Enter key and now we would be on a new line to place the image.

Image will not display while posting after the Enter key is pressed.

I just tested this on vBulletin...may have found a Bug.
    mmmm....now for a fix sooner than later.

Edit: Bug is now in the tracker. If anyone knows how to fix it please let us know.
    http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-15470 Please Vote.
    Last edited by Mr_Running; Tue 11 Sep '12, 10:24am.

Leave a comment:

• joeychgo
    replied
    I think I figured it out... In IE, turn off compatibility view

Leave a comment:

• Mr_Running
    replied
    Originally posted by joeychgo View Post
    Im not sure. I fixed it, but I couldnt tell you how because I messed with so much. Thanks for the help....
    Aahhhh Viewing images inline while posting is driving me crazy too!
    It work for me for the longest time but I change some setting to view full size but I could not get it to look good so I set everything back to the way it was but the inline will not work now.

I presently have an extra step with manage attachments to get it to display as inline.
    yes, I cleared cache, browser and the maintenance update tools.

I on 4.2 p2

Leave a comment:

• dougdirac
    replied
    Im not sure. I fixed it, but I couldnt tell you how because I messed with so much.
    My typical experience with images on vBulletin.

Leave a comment:

• joeychgo
    replied
    Im not sure. I fixed it, but I couldnt tell you how because I messed with so much. Thanks for the help....

Leave a comment:

• Ramsesx
    replied
    Maybe a browser / cache issue?

Leave a comment:

• dougdirac
    replied
    Hmm... as for your problem... I think I had it once before and I just manually typed in [ATTACH=CONFIG] in the opening tag, saved, and once I reedited the post, the image appeared inline.

Leave a comment:

• Merjawy
    replied
    What's your settings for Message Attachment Options?

Leave a comment:

• joeychgo
    replied
    This has me stumped........

Leave a comment:

• dougdirac
    replied
    And I sometimes have the opposite problem where the image shows in the editor, but not when I save the post.

I have to say, not much about vBulletin seems robust. Particularly with images, it feels like "things kinda work ok most of the time" and other things are just plain broken.

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied
    Um, I dont think so, because it doesnt work that way here......
    I stand corrected. On my forum I made a hack to remove the =CONFIG portion of the [ATTACH=CONFIG] bbcode. So when I test the WYSIWYG editor, it's always an attachment when editing a message.

Leave a comment:

• joeychgo
    replied
    4.2 --- yes

Leave a comment:

• Dominic
    replied
    Which version of vBulletin to you use and does this occur if you try this with a new default style with no changes made to it?

Leave a comment:

• joeychgo
    replied
    Um, I dont think so, because it doesnt work that way here......

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied
    What you are experiencing is by design. If the attachment was able to be seen as an image instead of a link and the image was very large, it would be very difficult to edit the message.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X