Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Animated GIF's not animated in posts...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Forum] Animated GIF's not animated in posts...

    I find this odd.

    Any animated avatar or smiley is animated however if I post an animated gif to a thread it does not 'animate' for lack of a better word.

    I found this old thread:
    https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...=animated+gifs

    But I'm not using thumbnails and since the other two images are animated I'm curious as to why an attached gif would not be.

  • #2
    If the gif went over its limits (height, width, or filesize) it gets resized, even if its under the thumbnail limit. Which it could make it loose its animatedness.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks Zachery, however I do not think that's the case. My size limits are

      max file size: 200000
      max width: 1000
      max height: 1000

      Unless these gif's are over 195kb, which is doubtful... right? lol

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Footman View Post
        Thanks Zachery, however I do not think that's the case. My size limits are

        max file size: 200000
        max width: 1000
        max height: 1000

        Unless these gif's are over 195kb, which is doubtful... right? lol
        A 1000 X 1000 pixel image at a color depth of 8 bits can be up to 8,000,000 bytes. More when you add multiple layers for animation.
        Translations provided by Google.

        Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
          A 1000 X 1000 pixel image at a color depth of 8 bits can be up to 8,000,000 bytes. More when you add multiple layers for animation.
          and here I thought the WxL and file size was simple... lol

          I'll up the file size limit some and see what happens.
          Thanks

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Footman View Post
            Thanks Zachery, however I do not think that's the case. My size limits are

            max file size: 200000
            max width: 1000
            max height: 1000

            Unless these gif's are over 195kb, which is doubtful... right? lol
            Don't forget the system has a thumbnail setting as well.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Zachery View Post
              Don't forget the system has a thumbnail setting as well.
              Do I need to change the thumbnail setting if I'm not using thumbnails?

              Comment


              • #8
                No, but if its over the thumbnail size, its thumbnail won't be animated.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                  No, but if its over the thumbnail size, its thumbnail won't be animated.
                  Cool... then I'm good to go since I use full images and no thumbnails.

                  Thanx

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                    If the gif went over its limits (height, width, or filesize) it gets resized, even if its under the thumbnail limit. Which it could make it loose its animatedness.
                    Where in my AdminCP is this setting? TY

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Attachments > Attachment Manager

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Someone submitted an animated GIF in a post that was 50 x 50 (1.49 KB, 1,524 bytes)

                        My settings are width= 620, length = 280, max file size = 20000

                        Why wouldn't that particular one work.

                        ** Where's the thumbnail setting?

                        Comment

                        Related Topics

                        Collapse

                        Working...
                        X