Are layouts inherited?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Are layouts inherited?

If I have a section that uses a certain layout, is it possible to add static pages to this section that use a different layout?

For example, I have a section called "automobiles" - it uses "xyz" layout with its corresponding widgets. In this section I have created a static page called "Ford" with "Full Display in Section Page" turned off so it's only a link with an image and preview. When one clicks the link to see the "Ford" static page, it uses the same layout as "automobiles" (the xyz layout). Is it possible to assign a different layout to the static page, or is this layout inherited with no change possible?

My objective is to have different widgets on the "Ford" page. Please help. Thanks!
    ~ Master of my own Domain ~

Layouts only apply to sections. All content within the section inherits that layout.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      Layouts only apply to sections. All content within the section inherits that layout.
      I was afraid of that. Any ideas for a work-around?
      ~ Master of my own Domain ~

Comment

Two...

1) Custom PHP Programming to determine the widget based on the node id. Time consuming and could be expensive.

2) Create sub-sections for each static HTML document you want to show in a custom layout and edit the widgets for each one. Can be a pain for navigation though.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Working...
        X