Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Database Error

Hi hope someone can help
    Tonight when tidying up some threads, my site went down.
    All I got was a front page with a VB logo saying "database error" and that the site had encountered an error an the admins had been emailed. Having never received an email for an error, i went into my domains webmail "all mail" box and low and behold, error reports had been sent.
    To my surprise, I've had quite a few!!

Anyway, the latest is this....
    Database error in vBulletin :

mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111
    /hermes/bosweb/web288/b2886/ipg.owlszonecom/includes/class_core.php on line 317

MySQL Error :
    Error Number :
    Request Date : Wednesday, August 29th 2012 @ 03:33:54 PM
    Error Date : Wednesday, August 29th 2012 @ 03:33:54 PM
    Script : http://www.owlszone.com/content.php
    Referrer :
    IP Address : 78.129.192.17
    Username :
    Classname : vB_Database
    MySQL Version :

By the time i'd finished typing this thread for help, I refreshed my page and the site was back... but it's a worry.
    Can any of the clever people let me know if anything stands out as to what the problem was
    Thanks

That error means that the connection to your host was interrupted, it doesn't *usually* mean that something broke with the forums.
    BrainTalk is a support group for friends, family, caregivers, and patients with neurological disorders and other health related diagnosis.

BrainTalk Communities Inc
    sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X