• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Reply with quote problem

I'm having problems with my reply with quote button
    Instead of listing the quote in the preview field it lists

[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

I've been looking through the quote templates to try and stop it automatically selecting italics for replies.
    (eventually i found this in style vars bbcode quotes and changed it to normal.)
    To test, I changed the stylevars bbcode_quote back to italic to see if it was that and the problem is still there

I can't remember doing anything else to any of the templates but obviously i've stuffed something up somewhere.

Hope someone can help

Try reverting the newpost_quote template.

$originalposter would not work in a vB4 template, it would be {vb:raw originalposter}

That template should look like this:
    Code:
    [QUOTE={vb:raw originalposter}]{vb:raw pagetext}[/QUOTE]
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.2 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Changed the quote bit and that worked - thank you.
      The code in that modified template was
      <vb:if condition="THIS_SCRIPT != 'private'">[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]</vb:if>

Although that template is a modified one as part of my style (seven skins - nexus) I've definately not opened up that one to view while looking for how to turn off italics.
      Not sure why this would have suddenly stopped working or changed. apart from that style vers edit to turn off italics, I've not knowingly saved anything regarding templates... I've not enough confidence to mess with them!!

Thanks again

Comment

If you want the modified code updating, try this:

Code:
        <vb:if condition="THIS_SCRIPT != 'private'">[QUOTE={vb:raw originalposter}]{vb:raw pagetext}[/QUOTE]</vb:if>
        That just basically removes the quotes from PMs by the looks of it, that's a primitive way of doing it though. Plus I would have thought not having quotes in PMs at all would be slightly confusing......
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.2 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X