Default Profiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Default Profiles

Now that I know which variables take care of profiles, I would like to use them to customize profiles instead of profile customizations so when people switch styles, the profile fits them. However, because I've customized profiles, and even if I turn customization off, the variables that affect profiles don't change anything.

Is there a way to return profiles to the vBulletin default?
    Former vBulletin user

This should do it. It will rest all profiles to the default.

PHP Code:
    DELETE FROM customprofile WHERE userid = -1
    To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
    My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
    CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
    Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment

Originally posted by Merjawy View Post
      This should do it. It will rest all profiles to the default.

PHP Code:
      DELETE FROM customprofile WHERE userid = -1
      Where's this done? And I would change the user ID to mine, correct?
      Former vBulletin user

Comment

Change nothing... (run it as it is). This is MySQL query you run in the database, you can use AdminCP (if you have permission) or other programs to access the database like MyPhpAdmin or through CPanel.
        My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Comment

Change nothing... (run it as it is). This is MySQL query you run in the database, you can use AdminCP (if you have permission) or other programs to access the database like MyPhpAdmin or through CPanel.
          So go to Execute SQL Query? Then what?
          Former vBulletin user

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-08-26_0256.png
Views:	1
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	3689992

Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-08-26_0257.png
Views:	1
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	3689993

Remember, there's no going back after you execute this query. All profiles will lose their customization and revert to the original/default.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]61432[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]61433[/ATTACH]
              Thanks, it worked.
              Former vBulletin user

Comment

You're welcome. Glad to be of help.

Comment

New question, just for the reference.

I just finished setting up the profiles on each style, and when I turned profile customization back on, I noticed that profiles that were customized before were still customized.

Is there another query that I can run to clear all customizations made by users? If so, besides doing it for everyone, is there a way to do it for a selected user?
                  Former vBulletin user

Comment

Run it again while the feature is enabled

Comment

Run it again while the feature is enabled
                      Nope, didn't do it. Oh, well.
                      Former vBulletin user

Comment

It worked for me and it reset my customization.

Try one more time, but this time go ahead and customize your profile and save it. Then run the query. (make sure to leave the feature enabled)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X