You're welcome. Good luck

Leave a comment:

• josiah
    replied
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Merjawy
    replied
    upload install.php to you /forum/install/ directory and run it yourdomain/yourforum/install/install.php and when promoted to clear the database tables, select all boxes and proceed.

WARNING: This will delete everything in your database, threads, posts, mods, users.. Everything and you will start fresh

Leave a comment:

• josiah
    replied
    In that case how can I delete every single thread and post, every modification I have made and start with a clean sheet from scratch as it was initially set up ?

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    As per previous replies earlier in this thread - no.

Leave a comment:

• AzhriaLilu
    replied
    Unless there are no posts on your forum to begin with, this is not possible. The explanations above are telling you that the style does not effect the content of your forum. If there are posts already resident on your forum then the style will just change the look of things but will not remove the posts.

The style is cosmetic only. So to put the answer in simple terms:-

my original question is can I have another "style" that will be devoid of any posts and threads,
    No, you can't.

Leave a comment:

• josiah
    replied
    Thanks for the explanation, my original question is can I have another "style" that will be devoid of any posts and threads, in the screenshot I have the black style and the white style each with the same posts and threads, I would like one which is empty of any input...is that possible, regards,P

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    The style sits on top of the functionality, it's only look and feel - if you have posts in your database, they will show on ALL styles you create unless you take out the calls to show them in the templates.

Think of it this way (there's probably a better analagy...), your database containing users, threads, posts etc is the chassis of your car, the vBulletin files the engine that makes it run - the styles are simply the outer shell that give the car it's look. No matter what shell you put on the car, everything that you have there to run it will be there

Leave a comment:

• josiah
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery View Post
    To back up what Merjawy said, styles DO NOT contain posts, or threads. A style can show this information.

Please explain in full what you want to do.

Here is a screenshot of my default.......................................

Click image for larger version

Name:	DEFAULT.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	3689949

I have just set up a new style using the method previously mentioned and backed up by several of you who maintain that the new style will contain NO posts or THREADS.........

Click image for larger version

Name:	TEST.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	3689950..............am I hullucinating ?
    Last edited by josiah; Wed 22 Aug '12, 11:39pm. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Originally posted by josiah View Post
    Yes they do ! try it, I know you are trying to assist but that information is not correct.
    To back up what Merjawy said, styles DO NOT contain posts, or threads. A style can show this information.

Please explain in full what you want to do.

Leave a comment:

• Big Dan
    replied
    Originally posted by josiah View Post
    Yes they do ! try it, I know you are trying to assist but that information is not correct.
    Merjawy is correct. All a style does is control the look of your site.

If you want completely blank site with no threads or posts you will have to setup a test or development board.

Leave a comment:

• Merjawy
    replied
    OK. Maybe I am just not understanding you... I'm sorry, ignore all that I said please

Leave a comment:

• josiah
    replied
    Originally posted by Merjawy View Post
    What I told you is how to create a default style as you asked... Styles don't hold any thread and/or posts, its the forum's skin the design of which you see... The threads and post and the rest of the stuff is stored in the database.

Leave a comment:

• Merjawy
    replied
    What I told you is how to create a default style as you asked... Styles don't hold any thread and/or posts, its the forum's skin the design of which you see... The threads and post and the rest of the stuff is stored in the database.

If you are asking how to create a new fresh forum, that's different

Upload your vBulletin files to your site and run /forum/install/install.php (provided you edited config.php and created a new database)

That will create a new forum for you with nothing on on but your username as the main admin and no threads on it

Leave a comment:

• josiah
    replied
    I understand that, what I mean is a style that is completely blank...no threads or posts ? empty just as it was when first formatted.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X