No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] New Posts no longer show in forums without search index

I have a few forums which I do not want search indexed. They are private areas.
    Until now, with the "new posts" link I could exclude those forums with a profile field for those who do not wish to see new posts. This still allowed those interested or with need to see new posts in those areas.

After upgrade to 4.2, threads/posts not indexed in search no longer show in the new posts or activity stream.

Is this working as intended?

If so, how do I get that functionality back without indexing those forums in our search engine?
    ??

Bump.
    ??

Comment

Yes, this is intended - we broke your forum - sorry about you.

No, this is not intended - it should work like it used to. There may be a bug.

??

- - - Updated - - -

I am really at a loss. Those posts (not search indexed) are now showing up in the Activity Stream, but not new posts.

Any additional insight would be appreciated.
      ??

Comment

Having the same problem -- private forum threads appear in "Whats New" but not under "New Posts" -- yes, the forum is set to "Index New Posts in Search Engine".

Comment

Users who do not have access to private forums cannot search them no matter if "Index New Posts in Search Engine" is set to Yes or No. That setting only controls whether users who are allowed to view the forum are able to search the forum also (or have the threads listed in the New Posts list).

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X