CMS issue with permissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] CMS issue with permissions

I have set everyone to read and all content to published and only admins can see the cms page. Please suggest fixes I can try

You just said issue with permissions, that's really not enough info to go on in order to help you!
    Please give more details on the issue.
    To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
    My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
    CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
    Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment

Originally posted by Merjawy View Post
      You just said issue with permissions, that's really not enough info to go on in order to help you!
      Please give more details on the issue.
      I'm one of the other admins on the site, and basically what we are seeing is, some users (not all) can't seem to see the home page of the CMS. When they go there they receive an error message:

{username} you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
      We've checked all user permissions and they are all set the same. We've even gone in and disabled all plug-ins with no luck either. It doesn't seem to be happening to all users; however, the user permissions are the same as other users.

We've also tried the basic trouble shooting steps of clearing cache, browser, different machines, etc...all resulting in the same results.

Thoughts?

Comment

If they all in the same usergroup and you have not change access mask for them, check if they have changed their email and therefor they are no longer allowed. (Awaiting Email confirmation)
        My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Comment

These are Registered Users

Comment

I am sure they are, but if they change their email on the forum, they will end up awaiting email confirmation in some cases which means they lose their original permissions.

Double check what usergroup they are in please

Comment

Double checked and they are in the Registered Users group like everyone else. Also check and validated that no users are awaiting moderation/pending status.

Comment

That's first place to look.. You mentioned you're not the only admin, is there any chance one of the other admins changed the access mask for certain people?

Check their access mask from the top of the user's account in AdminCP (the place where you edit their info)

Comment

we have no access masks set at all

- - - Updated - - -

Unregistered users should be able to see our content page
                  http://www.forbiddenjeeps.com/content.php

Comment

I couldn't

Comment

That is our issue, I have the permissions set fully on the first 2 columns in CMS permissions for full access

Comment

can you post a screenshot of CMS permissions? only for registered users if you wish not every usergroup

- - - Updated - - -

You know that you have to set permissions for every part of CMS separately not just one place right?

- - - Updated - - -

One more place to check.. Do these members belong to another usergroup besides Register Users?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	permissions.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	3689931

- - - Updated - - -

We only have one section and no sub sections. Users are all in one main group

- - - Updated - - -

users can see the posts made in the content of the main page like this for example:
                          http://www.forbiddenjeeps.com/conten...-of-the-Month!

Comment

This is not caused by vBulletin code... because I can see that guest should be able to view the CMS and I coldn't

there two things you can try

Create a new Style with no perent

AdminCP > Styles & Templates >> Style Manager >> Add New Style (make sure not parent to it)

Also, disable plugin in AdminCP (this way the CMS will still work)
                            AdminCP >> Settings >> Options >> Plugin/Hook System

- - - Updated - - -

That is very interesting... You can also try this .. remove permissions in CMS and Save, then go back and give permissions back

Comment

There is already a default vb style with zero edits. And hooks are disabled

- - - Updated - - -

have removed all permissions and saved and ran cron cms hourly cleanup and reset permissions

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X