Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Very Strange Theme Bug

Hello

I have Vbulleten forum/CMS Suite 4.2 patch level 2.

I have had a very strange theme bug appear on my site. It appears to have materialized after the Patch Level 2 update that was done a few days ago.

My site runs various forum themes and now if I jump from forum A to forum B the theme changes as it should but when I jump back to Forum A from Forum B the theme does not change and stays with the theme of Forum B.

What makes this even stranger, is that the bug does not materialize for regular or guests members and only seems to happen If I am logged in as an admin. I have tried my personal Admin account as well as the master Admin account and can repeat the problem with both. If I log in as various test users who are all members of different usergroups I can not repeat the problem. Other Admins or staff are yet to witness the problem but it is common if the conditions are right when I test.

I first noticed the problem on my stock Android browser via my HTC Desire (viewing full site/desktop theme). I tried other Android browsers, including Dolphin and Skyfire and the problem exists.

While I was having this problem on the phone, I did not see on my Personal computer until 2 days later, but then using Google chrome the problem started to appear with that browser, other browsers were fine, now as of today using IE it has started to happen also. Only firefox is free of this issue thus far.

I can not repeat the problem on my girlfriends Iphone 4s.

I have tried clearing all data on the browsers, reinstalled them and the problem still occurs.

I have a Default site theme which is GT Arena 1. Users can not change themes.

All my themes I made my self, they are simple, and just involve colour/font changes with no code hacking. I have not had any problems prior with my themes.

Since I noticed the problem a few things have changed on the site.

Updated to Patch Level 2
    Installed MGC Chatbox Evo v3.2.3 (turned it off but prob still exists)
    Pages are now cached to the sever
    VBstopforumspam has been installed
    Installed smiles
    Some Logo images and background images hosted on the sever and not externally etc.

Any help would be great as I am miffed. If you need to know more please ask.

Below is the site, though you will not be able to repeat the prob.

Here is the site

Main forums

GBRC forums

Many Thanks

Ryan
    Gran Turismo Arena The Home For GT5 Clubs & Leagues

Bump, please any suggestions?

Thanks

Comment

http://gtarena.com/forumdisplay.php/27-GBRC-Forums So this forum shows a theme different than others?

Did you check the forum manager to see if you're overriding users style choiceS?

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
        http://gtarena.com/forumdisplay.php/27-GBRC-Forums So this forum shows a theme different than others?

Did you check the forum manager to see if you're overriding users style choiceS?

Yes that forum is GBRC forum and should show the blue/white/red theme as it does.

Yes all user style choices are being overridden and are set that way via the forum manager, and always have been set that way.

Thanks for the reply
        Last edited by PAPPACLART; Sun 19 Aug '12, 2:55pm.

Comment

While you were viewing styles in the style manager, did you click on the Styles Name? i.e. the link that when clicked on opens up a new tab w/ said style shown?

IF you did do that, return to the style manager and click on the primary style to return. Now promptly log out, upon next login all styles should change properly. The style selector should still work regardless truthfully so this could be something else entirely.

Former vBulletin Support Staff
          Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
          Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

Originally posted by TheLastSuperman View Post
            While you were viewing styles in the style manager, did you click on the Styles Name? i.e. the link that when clicked on opens up a new tab w/ said style shown?

IF you did do that, return to the style manager and click on the primary style to return. Now promptly log out, upon next login all styles should change properly. The style selector should still work regardless truthfully so this could be something else entirely.
            I will give that a go, but why is this happening, and mainly on my android phone?

As I said I can repeat the problem with a desktop browser using both IE and Chrome. Logging out and in again seems to fix the problem for a while but it happens again. This problem does not show in firefox at all or for any other user or Admin except my personal admin account and my VB master Admin account. If I browse the forums as a guest using any brower desktop or phone the problem does not exist....Very Strange?

I will try your suggestions using the desktop browsers and the phone and will report back. many thanks for the the help.

Ryan

Comment

The above does not work and I am still having the problems

Comment

Start a support ticket.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X