Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Re-order Photos uploaded in Albums in Gallery?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Forum] How to Re-order Photos uploaded in Albums in Gallery?

    Is it possible to reorder the photos that are uploaded in the Gallery Albums? It seems the photos are displayed based on the order you upload them, but is there any way to adjust the order?

    The same goes for the Albums themselves, is it possible to move or reorder them relative to each ohter?

  • #2
    You can't at this time. There is no order field on the photos. They simply show in the order they were added.

    Albums show in the order they were last updated as far as I am aware.
    Translations provided by Google.

    Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

    Comment


    • #3
      Perhaps this is something that can be considered in future for enhancements.

      As it is the mass uploading does not even upload by file name (I'm not sure how it uploads, but when I select a bunch of 10, it appears in the dialog box by number, yet when it actually uploads, the order appears random). Without an ability to re-order, the albums end up being a mess. Even Facebook allows re-ordering. I guess the very least is we could have an option to sort by file name; then we could have some control over at our end by naming the files the order we want them to appear.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ArchAngelz View Post
        Perhaps this is something that can be considered in future for enhancements.

        As it is the mass uploading does not even upload by file name (I'm not sure how it uploads, but when I select a bunch of 10, it appears in the dialog box by number, yet when it actually uploads, the order appears random). Without an ability to re-order, the albums end up being a mess. Even Facebook allows re-ordering. I guess the very least is we could have an option to sort by file name; then we could have some control over at our end by naming the files the order we want them to appear.
        For either change, you would need to make an entry in the Tracker.
        My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
        vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm sorry but could you show me how to do this?

          Originally posted by Ace View Post
          For either change, you would need to make an entry in the Tracker.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ArchAngelz View Post
            I'm sorry but could you show me how to do this?
            Click the Tracker button in the navbar, and enter an Improvement Request.
            My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
            vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

            Comment

            widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X