X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ababneh
    replied
    Originally posted by John Lester View Post
    Select all of your pm messages, scroll down to the bottom and mark them as read, then clear system cache again.
    Hey Thanks It worked now after I marked all messages as read...

Thanks again

Leave a comment:

• John Lester
    replied
    Select all of your pm messages, scroll down to the bottom and mark them as read, then clear system cache again.

Leave a comment:

• ababneh
    replied
    Did you "clear system cache" in the ACP? Have you tried sending yourself another pm?
    I just cleared the system cache (Maintenance -> Clear System Cache), logged out then logged back in with no luck.

I sent myself a pm, number of notifications showed 2. After I opened the pm, number of notification goes back to 1. I deleted the pm and number of notifications stays the same (1).

Leave a comment:

• John Lester
    replied
    Did you "clear system cache" in the ACP? Have you tried sending yourself another pm?

Leave a comment:

• ababneh
    replied
    Is there a record of it in the pmreceipt table?
    I just checked. There is no record for the deleted message in that table. So the message was deleted from pmtext then the corresponding ID was also removed from pm table, yet the notification is still showing there is one new private message. Could it be a local file where the notifications are stored?

Thanks!!

Leave a comment:

• John Lester
    replied
    Is there a record of it in the pmreceipt table?

Leave a comment:

• ababneh
    replied
    Originally posted by al3bed View Post
    Clear your cache, mark forums read.
    Unfortunately that didn't help either

Leave a comment:

• Abdulla Ashoor
    replied
    Clear your cache, mark forums read.

Leave a comment:

• ababneh
    replied
    you need to delete the corresponding one from pm table also. You need to know the id of the message.
    Hey,

The pmtextid of the deleted private message is 2761. So I went into pm table and found the message with the same ID there and deleted it but the notification is still showing on the forum. Any other suggestion?

Thanks
    Last edited by ababneh; Mon 27 Aug '12, 2:39pm.

Leave a comment:

• Abdulla Ashoor
    replied
    you need to delete the corresponding one from pm table also. You need to know the id of the message.

Leave a comment:

• ababneh
    replied
    how exactly you delete the private message from which table 'pm' or 'pmtext' ... ?
    from pmtext

Leave a comment:

• Abdulla Ashoor
    replied
    how exactly you delete the private message from which table 'pm' or 'pmtext' ... ?

Leave a comment:

• ababneh
    replied
    private messages notification shows that there is a new private message but when click on inbox there is no message because I mistakenly deleted the message manually from the database.

Leave a comment:

• Abdulla Ashoor
    replied
    You don't need or have to delete from database manually. What kind of notifications you have there? private message or something else?

Leave a comment:

• ababneh
    replied
    hope someone will see this post and get back to me

Leave a comment: