No announcement yet.

Issue with advertising system...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Issue with advertising system...

I have a banner for one of my sponsors on the first post of each thread page option, but am having a issue... The pictures posted in that post are overlapping the banner... Any thought/suggestions???

Here is a screen shot and link... Thanks in advance!!!

http://www.1911addicts.com/showthrea...7-31-2012-misc.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-08-08 at 8.46.30 PM.png
Views:	1
Size:	519.9 KB
ID:	3724287
    tkr reptiles
    Last edited by tkr reptiles; Wed 8 Aug '12, 7:05pm.

Much of the problem here is with aspect ratio and screen width of the monitor. There are a couple of things that you could do. The first would be to reduce the size of the image in the post so they click on it to enlarge it. However if text also overlaps the add then you have something else to deal with. I would like to suggest that you use this modification at vbulletin.org http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=239981

I see that you are using version 4.1.7, so check with the coder for the mod to make sure it will work for that vB version.

Comment

The text doesn't overlap it, only the images... Is there a way to globaly make the images smaller and have to be clicked to view?

- - - Updated - - -

I see several other forums using this option, and not having the issue I am having... There has to be a simple fix I would imagine!

Comment

Originally posted by tkr reptiles View Post
        The text doesn't overlap it, only the images... Is there a way to globaly make the images smaller and have to be clicked to view?

- - - Updated - - -

I see several other forums using this option, and not having the issue I am having... There has to be a simple fix I would imagine!
        Well, you are running vB 4.1.7 so I don't know if the Image Lightbox is on that version. Check AdminCP >> Settings > Options > Message Attachment Options. Look down the setting and see if you find, "Use Image Lightbox". If you do not see it then you would probably need to run an update on your forum. I just don't know what version they added that feature.

If you don't have it, and don't want to update your forum, you could try Highslide mod at vbulletin.org.

Comment

It looks like that is already set... Now I am trying to find where to edit the maximum width of inline images... Think that will fix it...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-08-09 at 4.13.25 PM.png
Views:	1
Size:	280.8 KB
ID:	3689832

- - - Updated - - -

I think the light box is only for attachments, and not images directly posted like from photobucket...

Comment

Originally posted by tkr reptiles View Post
            It looks like that is already set... Now I am trying to find where to edit the maximum width of inline images... Think that will fix it...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]61031[/ATTACH]

- - - Updated - - -

I think the light box is only for attachments, and not images directly posted like from photobucket...
            You will need a mod like this http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=237650 to resize embedded images.

Comment

I installed that and it isn't working...

- - - Updated - - -

Okay I am dumb... I uploaded the .js file and it works!!! Thanks!!!

Comment