Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Lester
    replied
    Ok I'll need more time to fiddle around with this, it isn't as easy to do as I thought it was

Leave a comment:

• Amaury
    replied
    Originally posted by John Lester View Post
    Ok so when looking at a users profile and that user is looking at the listing of their pms what do you want it to say on their profile?
    Viewing Private Messages.

Leave a comment:

• John Lester
    replied
    Ok so when looking at a users profile and that user is looking at the listing of their pms what do you want it to say on their profile?

Leave a comment:

• Amaury
    replied
    So you want to change what is shown in whois online when you are on the listing of your pms?
    Well, it already does on the Who's Online page, but not on profiles, even though the Who's Online category phrases control the activity on both Who's Online and profiles.

However, as Wayne said, it's a longtime bug, and it's not anything major, so Private Messaging will work until a bug fix is found.

Leave a comment:

• John Lester
    replied
    So you want to change what is shown in whois online when you are on the listing of your pms?

Leave a comment:

• Amaury
    replied
    It looks like they changed things in 4.2 because in 4.1.12 there are 2 phrases in the "whos online" phrase group. One titled "private messaging" for when the person is composing a pm, and "viewing private messages" for when the person is reading pms.

I'd take a closer look and see if you can find another pm phrase in the "whois online" group.
    I know this is late, but nothing was changed. I'm talking about the listing of your PMs in Inbox and Sent Items, not reading a PM.

Going by vBulletin default, when reading a PM, it's Viewing Private Message [user], and when on the listings of your PMs, it's Private Messaging.

Leave a comment:

• John Lester
    replied
    It looks like they changed things in 4.2 because in 4.1.12 there are 2 phrases in the "whos online" phrase group. One titled "private messaging" for when the person is composing a pm, and "viewing private messages" for when the person is reading pms.

I'd take a closer look and see if you can find another pm phrase in the "whois online" group.

Leave a comment:

• Amaury
    replied
    You could create your own phrase and edit the template to use the phrase you created.
    How's this accomplished?

It's not too big of a deal, though, since Private Messaging works all the same. I only changed it to Viewing Private Messages because Private Messaging makes it sound as if you're creating a PM when simply viewing them.
    Last edited by Amaury; Tue 28 Aug '12, 12:39pm.

Leave a comment:

• John Lester
    replied
    You could create your own phrase and edit the template to use the phrase you created.

Leave a comment:

• Amaury
    replied
    Just wanted to add that I noticed it appears as Viewing Private Messages on the Online Users page (Who's Online), but not on profiles.

From what I've seen with other phrases regarding activity, they control both the Who's Online and profile.

Leave a comment:

• Amaury
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    You've more likely encountered a bug. One that has been in the software for a long time where one phrase can override another if they are both loaded and have the same name. I don't have a fix for it at this time.
    Ah, I see.

Hopefully, then, a fix is implemented soon.

Thanks for the response.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    You've more likely encountered a bug. One that has been in the software for a long time where one phrase can override another if they are both loaded and have the same name. I don't have a fix for it at this time.

Leave a comment:

• Amaury
    replied
    Bump.

Leave a comment:

• Amaury
    started a topic [Forum] Phrases

Phrases

Alright, so a long time ago, I changed the Private Messaging Current Activity phrase to Viewing Private Messages. However, a little while ago while changing some phrases, I just realized it also controls this area:

Click image for larger version

Name:	PMs.png
Views:	1
Size:	175.6 KB
ID:	3724253

Is there a way I can separate the two so the activity is Viewing Private Messages, but Private Messaging in the settings?

Edit: Okay, so it turns out they are separated, but the User Tools one controls both for some reason, because when I changed it to Private Messaging, the activity area on my profile said Private Messaging, even though the Who's Online one has Viewing Private Messages.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PMs 2.png
Views:	1
Size:	234.7 KB
ID:	3724254

Thanks.
    Last edited by Amaury; Tue 28 Aug '12, 2:41pm. Reason: Typo
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X