Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matthew Gordon
    replied
    There is no global off setting for the [IMG] BB Code, it requires changing a number of options.

The main on is the forum-specific setting. Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager -> Edit Forum -> Allow [IMG] Code -> No

You have to do this for each forum, or you can run this query, then edit then save a forum after to update the datastore:
    Code:
    UPDATE forum SET options=options - 128 WHERE (options & 128);
    Next, you have several options in Admin CP -> Settings -> Options that you need to disable, including:
    • User Notes Options -> Allow [IMG] Code in User Notes
    • BB Code Settings -> Allow [IMG] Code in Non Forum Specific Areas
    • Private Messaging Options -> Allow [IMG] Code in Private Messages
    • User Profile: Album Options -> Allowed BB Code Tags in Picture Comments -> Untick Allow Image BB Code
    • User Profile: Visitor Messaging Options -> Allowed BB Code Tags in Visitor Messages -> Untick Allow Image BB Code
    • Group Options -> Allowed BB Code Tags in Group Messages -> Untick Allow Image BB Code

Leave a comment:

• Videx
    replied
    That may be manageable with only 1000 attachments, but as the forum grows and you have to backup gigs of the damn things you may change your mind. True, the links can disappear, but that rarely happens while the thread is still active, and I don't really care if it happens months after the last post. As for checking each one well, that's what the "report a post" function is for and I specifically state in our Rules that the staff are all volunteers and we rely on everyone's help to let us know of violations. And I doubt my members will be too traumatized by a nasty image showing for a little while. Unless they look at it a lot.

Then there was the time a member posted pictures of her broken leg, BARF. Not against the rules, but I couldn't talk her into taking them down. She's long gone but every now and again one of those pics pops up right on forumhome!

Leave a comment:

• magnaromagna
    replied
    admin should have the choice: I don't want embed images because:
    - if external images are deleted, the post has no image
    - with attachments checks of images are more easy than with embedding images. Now I have to check if some user has uploaded adult image: I downloaded the 1,000 attached and then easily checked in a desktop folder. But to check the same 1,000 embed images, I have to check every post!

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied
    Originally posted by Videx View Post
    I'm just the opposite. I'm really tired of having to download and back up all these silly pictures every month and wish people would just link, not attach.
    I suppose it has a lot to do with the type of forum you run. If your forum has a lot of technical information, you don't want threads to have dead image links as the thread would have zero value.

I have over 300,000 attachments. Using rsync makes it really easy to backup these images. Disk space is cheap.

Leave a comment:

• Videx
    replied
    I'm just the opposite. I'm really tired of having to download and back up all these silly pictures every month and wish people would just link, not attach.

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied
    There really needs to be a feature in vbulletin that automatically converts [IMG] hot links to attachments. This should be done when the post is submitted.

Leave a comment:

• Syxguns
    replied
    The closest thing I've found for this is here: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...ove+img+bbcode
    Unfortunately it does not have the IMG code to remove, and I don't think vB has a fix for this because not very many people request it. If you leave a request for Abe1 on the thread he may make it possible, but you would have to talk to a coder to get it done I think. Maybe I'm wrong and someone else will post a way to do it.

Leave a comment:

• magnaromagna
    started a topic [Forum] How to disable [IMG] bbcode entirely?

How to disable [IMG] bbcode entirely?

Hello,
    I want to disable use of [IMG] , and let members use only attaching option. How to do this?
    Is a basic admin option or need to alter template?
    Thank you in advance