Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Speedy posters cause thumbnails not to be created

Hi there

I have a weird one that is bugging me for a while now.

I have a 4.2.0 vBulletin installation that operates just fine in all other respects except one issue.

The system attachment settings are to show thumbnails in line.

Some members are making posts which include attachments they upload and see the previewthumbnail and when they click save, the image disappears and is then not seen on the forum.

If you edit the post, the small previewthumb is there.

I am now getting fed up of rebuilding the thumbnails through the maintenance routine.

I suspect there is a speed thing going on, like an impatient poster hitting Save too quickly?

Has anyone else experience of this and if so, has anyone advice as to what can cause this & how to avoid it.

Thanks
    Last edited by 27iMac; Sat 28th Jul '12, 8:16am. Reason: bad spelling

If the attachment upload is done, then the thumbnail must be created. I don't see how the image disappears.
    Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns

Links: vBulletin Manual - Code Documentation - FAQ - Bug Tracker - Lemon Juice
    vBulletin 5 Connect: Extensions - Articles - Features - Purchases

Comment

Yep, I had thought the same but I can assure you the thumbnail is not shown.

There are more that 6,000 attachments uploaded & shown in line ok but there have been a few instances by 3 users recently where this occurs. I cannot personally replicate it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X