Private Message Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Private Message Question

I just recently did a test import of my UBBThreads board to my newly purchased vB test board. In UBBreads, PMs are similar to regular forum posts in that you have an initial post to start a thread, then subsequent replies are contained in the same thread. Thus, the number of posts/replies in a PM "thread" doesn't count against the PM count - each PK with all of its replies are counted as a single PM.

However, when I did the import, it seems all of my PMs are split out - each reply is a separate PM (thus causing a much hugher PM count). So, my question: Is this the way vB handles PMs or is this just an artifact of teh import process? If so, does anyone know of a way to fix it (re-associate all teh replies with their respective PMs).?? Any insight would be appreciated.

PMs are all totally separate in vB - they are not threaded in anyway.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Ok, thanks. I was afraid that would be the answer. Having used both methods on my site I much prefer having threaded PMs that resemble normal threads (much easier to follow a conversation). But thanks, at least I know what to expect.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X