Coming Back to vBulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Coming Back to vBulletin

Since XenForo stinks, and I switched just trying it out. I am coming back. It's been a couple months and was hoping to get my posts back, but w.e. Anyway all I did was rename the directory, I'm looking at coming back, but noticed vBulletin is going slow, so I actually want to start fresh. How can I remove all my mods and just import my posts, users, and other data?

Also how can I redirect old xenforo links back to vBulletin?

welcome back
    Originally posted by JohnnyMcKinney View Post
    Since XenForo stinks
    I think it smells fine?
    -- Web Developer for hire
    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

Hi JohnnyMcKinney,

Do you have a backup from two months ago? Your best bet might be to restore from that backup and lose the data from the Xenforo experience.

What didn't you like about Xenforo?

Comment

ps.. there is a way to export data from xenforo and import it to vbulletin..

Comment

why not use an importer for the posts http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=283111
          Not sent from my iPhone and not using any browser attaching any 3rd party advertisement to my posts

Comment

Originally posted by Loco.M View Post
            ps.. there is a way to export data from xenforo and import it to vbulletin..
            The problem with importing is that thread id's will be different, all internal and external links will be broken. Ideally if only a few users and posts would be lost, the easiest solution would be to restore from the backup before he migrated to Xenforo.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
              The problem with importing is that thread id's will be different, all internal and external links will be broken. Ideally if only a few users and posts would be lost, the easiest solution would be to restore from the backup before he migrated to Xenforo.
              I guess that is were you an I differ..
              I wouldn't accept losing any data and redirects can be made for old indexed pages.

Comment

Originally posted by Loco.M View Post
                I guess that is were you an I differ..
                I wouldn't accept losing any data and redirects can be made for old indexed pages.
                Yes redirects via htaccess can be made, but it's always nice to avoid having to do that. Also I'm not sure if the redirect from vB to Xenforo would be included, only from Xenforo to vB.

Comment

What does it smell like?
                  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X