Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hacked!! In spite of strong security measures!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cbiweb View Post

Funny you mention moving to a different server, We asked the host just yesterday to do that for us; and we've been planning to change hosts altogether very soon.
    Sounds like now is the time to find another web hosting company.

If you don't mind me asking, how much are you paying for a the VPS account?

Comment

Originally posted by ENF View Post
      I assisted someone with a similar situation and the hacks didn't stop until I had them move to a whole new host.

Similar prevention methods had been applied, but it just kept happening. We also found no evidence that the source came through VB itself. I strongly believe the root of the system was compromised rendering all prevention methods ineffective.

I avoid going with absolutes in circumstances like this, thus going with a new host was the only hard line effort we could take to remove the potential of the host or root machine being compromised.

Time will tell if I missed something.
      I've been talking with the host, and the consensus is a rooted server, so yes, time to move.

Originally posted by Andy View Post
      If you don't mind me asking, how much are you paying for a the VPS account?
      I don't own the site so I don't have that information. Just a lowly techie admin I am.
      ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
        I wonder if a VPS has more danger of being hacked than a dedicated server, I would assume so.
        Slightly, Virtuozzo more so than XEN.
        environment: Centos 6.9, Apache v2.4.25, PHP 5.6.30/xCache, MariaDB 10.22 -- vB5 Connect Licensed

AusPhotography - Australia's Premier Photographic Forum vB4.2.3
        Rick (site owner) and Kym (site tech) sharing this account

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X