Query Regarding Additional CSS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Query Regarding Additional CSS

Alright, so every time I've asked for help on making a certain area a color, you guys gave me some code.

My question is, which has been a longtime one, where do you guys get that and what do you use to get it? Is it from something like this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	CSS.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	3724097

For example, if I wanted to change the elements of only that row and not the others, would this be correct in the additional.css template?

Code:
    .foruminfo.td {
        background: black;
        color: white;
        border: 1px solid white;
    }
    I, of course, don't want to change that area. It's just an example.
    Former vBulletin user

I have a lil green bird that tells me
    To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
    My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
    CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
    Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment

The information provided by Firefox on default is a little vague. You would need more than .foruminfo.td to apply something to a single row. There should be an ID in there as well.

We typically use a Firefox Addon called Firebug to pull this information if we need to do so. http://getfirebug.com/

See this tutorial: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...-using-Firebug

The ID for the Presales forum here is #forum47. So you would probably be looking for:

Code:
      #forum47 .foruminfo.td {     background: black;     color: white;     border: 1px solid white }
      From left to right, your CSS selectors would go from most general to most specific.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
        The information provided by Firefox on default is a little vague. You would need more than .foruminfo.td to apply something to a single row. There should be an ID in there as well.

We typically use a Firefox Addon called Firebug to pull this information if we need to do so. http://getfirebug.com/

See this tutorial: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...-using-Firebug

The ID for the Presales forum here is #forum47. So you would probably be looking for:

Code:
        #forum47 .foruminfo.td {     background: black;     color: white;     border: 1px solid white }
        From left to right, your CSS selectors would go from most general to most specific.
        Alright, I think I got it.

Let's say I wanted to change the text color of only this thread and make it a full black instead of the default gray in the vBulletin 4 Questions, Problems and Troubleshooting forum.

First, I would use Firebug to find the thread ID, and then the default element inspector to find the color.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Thread ID.jpg
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	3689689Click image for larger version

Name:	Thread Color.jpg
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	3689688

Code:
        #thread_404837 .threadbit {
            color: black;
        }
        Does that look correct?
        Former vBulletin user

Comment

Should apply it to only that thread. You might have to play around with it a little to get it to work just right though.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment