Occasional inexplicable db crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Occasional inexplicable db crashes

A site that I work with has had sudden db crashes in the past, and now again today. Tables go missing out of the blue, and the only way to fix it is to restore a backup. Does anyone know why this would happen? It doesn't seem to be related to mods or which version of vB we run, because it has happened in 3.x and 4.x, with various mods being installed or uninstalled over time. I keep the file system and db very clean throughout all this, and as far as I know we're secured very well against hackers. In spite of all that, it seems there is something going wrong now & then. What it is, and what triggers it, is a mystery.

Any suggestions?
    ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Sounds like someone may have access to the server. Have you checked the server access logs?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Sounds like a hardware problem. How many times did the tables go missing and did this occur on the same server?

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
        Sounds like someone may have access to the server. Have you checked the server access logs?
        I'll do that, just in case.

Originally posted by Andy View Post
        Sounds like a hardware problem. How many times did the tables go missing and did this occur on the same server?
        Yes, same server each time, and it's happened 3 or 4 times now over the past two years or so.
        ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X