Subscriptions Page Icon Legend Background

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Subscriptions Page Icon Legend Background

How do I add a background and a border to the Icon Legend on the Subscriptions page like what's there when viewing PMs? I thought maybe it was the blockfoot_background variable, which I have set to transparent because it looks weird, so I tried changing it to a shade of gray, but it wasn't it, and I can't think of anything else that it would be.

Private Messages Page:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Private Messages.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	3724087

Subscriptions Page:

Name:	Subscriptions.jpg
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	3724088
    Former vBulletin user

You can modify it using additional.css. It's this element: #forum_icon_legend h5

Dustin
    http://quikmsg.net/strtoupper/ - Convert lowercase text and code to all uppercase!
    http://quikmsg.net/strtolower/ - Convert uppercase text and code to all lowercase!

Comment

Originally posted by Dustin L. View Post
      You can modify it using additional.css. It's this element: #forum_icon_legend h5

Dustin
      Does this look right?

Code:
      .forum icon legend h5 {
          background: [color];
          border: [color];
      }
      Former vBulletin user

Comment

Try
        PHP Code:
        #forum_icon_legend {

background#ebebeb;

To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
        My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
        CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
        Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment

Originally posted by Amaury25 View Post
          Does this look right?

Code:
          .forum icon legend h5 {
              background: [color];
              border: [color];
          }
          It should have the underscores in it.

Dustin
          http://quikmsg.net/strtoupper/ - Convert lowercase text and code to all uppercase!
          http://quikmsg.net/strtolower/ - Convert uppercase text and code to all lowercase!

Comment

Originally posted by Merjawy View Post
            Try
            PHP Code:
            #forum_icon_legend {

background#ebebeb;

Good, that worked. I'm not sure how to fix the alignment so it aligns with the header, and I also couldn't get a border added to it (I added border: 1px solid black;, but it didn't work), which I believe is why it's misaligned, but it'll do.

Name:	Subscriptions Icon Legend Background Misalignment.jpg
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	3689676

If it's hard to tell from that screenshot, let me know, and I'll temporarily make the document background white.
            Former vBulletin user

Comment

Originally posted by Amaury25 View Post
              Good, that worked. I'm not sure how to fix the alignment so it aligns with the header, and I also couldn't get a border added to it (I added border: 1px solid black;, but it didn't work), which I believe is why it's misaligned, but it'll do.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]60638[/ATTACH]

If it's hard to tell from that screenshot, let me know, and I'll temporarily make the document background white.
              I can't see any misalignment.

Oh and the border property is probably working, but your background is black from what I can see. If your background is black and so is the border, you're not going to see any change.

Dustin

Comment

Originally posted by Dustin L. View Post
                I can't see any misalignment.

Oh and the border property is probably working, but your background is black from what I can see. If your background is black and so is the border, you're not going to see any change.

Dustin
                For reference, on our default style, borders are #000000 and the document background is #0A0A0A.

Changing the background, I see no border, except for on the header:

Name:	Subscriptions No Border.jpg
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	3689677

There it doesn't look misaligned, but with the normal background, it does.

Here's a test account:
                • Username: User
                • Password: testaccount

If you look closely, you'll see it.
                Former vBulletin user

Comment

I can't really see any issue
                  and I didn't have issue on my test either

Name:	2012-07-22_1419.jpg
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	3689678
                  My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Comment

I can't really see any issue
                    and I didn't have issue on my test either
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]60640[/ATTACH]
                    See my reply above.
                    Former vBulletin user

Comment

This is your Dark skin and I see no alignment issue with it or the default

Name:	Dark.jpg
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	3689679

Comment

This is your Dark skin and I see no alignment issue with it or the default
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]60642[/ATTACH]
                        Are you sure? I can see it myself in the screenshot even you provided. :x

The background of the Icon Legend goes slightly past the header on both sides.
                        Former vBulletin user

Comment

Could be screen res or screen size causing that to show for you and not me
                          I have a smal screen

- - - Updated - - -

I see it aligned just fine... Maybe I need a better hearing aid

Comment

Could be screen res or screen size causing that to show for you and not me
                            I have a smal screen

- - - Updated - - -

I see it aligned just fine... Maybe I need a better hearing aid
                            Then maybe it has to do with there being no border.

I tried this, but it just made the header border thicker instead of adding a border around the body.

Code:
                            #forum_icon_legend {
                                background: #282828;
                                border: 1px solid black;
                            }
                            Former vBulletin user

Comment

PHP Code:
                              #forum_icon_legend dl {
                              border5px solid yellow;

Comment