Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Install Window won't show during /install/install.php

I try to install vBulletin 4.2.0 PL 2.

I believe I have the SQL database, config.php, and everything else in order.

My problem is, when I type in my web address with /install/install.php, instead of a prompt window showing up, I get a totally blank white screen.

Any ideas?

Thanks

See this manual page: https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/blank_pages

If none of the solutions on that page work, I'd recommend downloading the files from the members' area over again.

Dustin
    http://quikmsg.net/strtoupper/ - Convert lowercase text and code to all uppercase!
    http://quikmsg.net/strtolower/ - Convert uppercase text and code to all lowercase!

Comment

Try re-doing config.php from a fresh file, as well as re-uploading all the files. It is possible that there is an error caused by a badly uploaded file and PHP's display_errors are off.

Comment

Context

Thank you for your solutions.

Before exploring them, I share the context so you can tell me if this can also be the cause.

To help solve my problem expressed in the following thread (https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...on-this-server), I decided to temporarily create a second forum to test if i have also the problem with a new forum.

I have this under public_html:

cgi-bin
        forums -> this is my real forum
        forums1 -> this is the temporairy forum i try to instal
        .htaccess -> My host create this to try to correct my problem expressed in the other thread
        Code:
        <IfModule mod_security.c>    SecFilterEngine Off    SecFilterScanPOST Off </IfModule>
        403.shtml and 404.shtml -> My host create this to try to correct my problem expressed in the other thread
        Code:
        <!-- 

-->
        index.php
        Code:
        <?php
        header("Status: 301 Moved Permanently", false, 301);
        header("Location: /forums/index.php");
        exit();
        ?>
        Shalom !

- - - Updated - - -

INFO:
        Before this problem occur I update to vBulletin 4.2.0 PL 2 with no problem my real forum.
        I use Firefox 14.0.1
        ====

1. You did not upload the vB files correctly. Reupload the vB non-image files and make sure you upload these in ASCII format and that you overwrite the ones on the server.
        I use FileZilla 3.5.3 and the transfer type is Auto. This is the last solution I must try. I am sure I overwrite the one on the server because I delete forums1 under public_html. I have to delete forums1 under www to ?

Make sure you upload the Admin CP files to the admincp directory specified in your config.php file
        For this I use de default value in config.php.

2. You have extra space or lines in your config.php file.
        No.

3. If this is happening on the forum home page only
        No, this is happening in the instal.

4. You have a bad plugin installed
        A plugin for vBulletin ? Is impossible because i instal vBulletin standard only for have a forum.

If you are running vBSEO or other add-ons
        Is impossible because i instal vBulletin standard only for have a forum.

5. The servername setting in config.php is wrong.
        I use the default value as in my real forum.

6. Your PHP has magic_quotes_sybase turned on.
        I dont do that. How do you do that?
        7. [For multiple white pages]
        No, this is happening in the instal.

8. You have a corrupted template
        No, this is happening in a standard instal of a new forum.

9. You have GZIP enabled. Try turning GZIP off here:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options
        No, this is happening in the instal of a new forum. I can not have access to the Admin CP of a forum not installed.

You can also edit config.php and add this right under the <?php line to disable GZIP:

DEFINE('NOZIP', 1);
        I tried but the problem persists.

10. Sometimes this can also be caused when PHP has the 'display_errors' function turned off.
        ini_set("display_errors", true);
        I tried but the problem persists.

11. Check your phpinfo page to see if suhosin is installed as a module
        I think this case is impossible in the standard installation of a new forum.

12. This can be caused by a bug in PHP 5.2.5:
        I know my host has php5 but I do not know what version. How do I know the version?
        13. This can also be caused by a memory_limit setting in php.ini
        The standard installation of a new forum vBulletin have this problem ?

14. If the script producing this problem is showgroups.php
        No, this is happening in a standard instal of a new forum.

15. Check the file and directory permissions. If any are set to 777 (-rwxrwxrwx) then this could result in blank pages.
        /access-logs is 0777; /www is 0777 this is why y have the problem ?

/public_html and all thing one level under are not 0777.
        One level under /public_html/forums1 are not 0777.
        I dont now if i have to check other thing.

16. Check your .htaccess file for any rewrite rules
        This is the code of my .htaccess file :
        Code:
        <IfModule mod_security.c>    SecFilterEngine Off    SecFilterScanPOST Off </IfModule>
        17. There is a bug in PHP 5.3.5
        Same question then number 12, I know my host has php5 but I do not know what version. How do I know the version?

Further info is here:
        I read but i be lost. I think they dont talk about the problem i have. I am in error ?

I'd recommend downloading the files from the members' area over again
        After reading your responses, as a last resort.

I still have the problem. I hope for help.

Shalom !

Comment

Well, this blank page isn't actually blank, it is either your 403.shtml or 404.shtml files, going by what you mentioned above. I don't see how those files are supposed to help at all, all they do is obscure the problem with a blank page.

Comment

The problem is resolve

Originally posted by Matthew Gordon View Post
            Well, this blank page isn't actually blank, it is either your 403.shtml or 404.shtml files, going by what you mentioned above. I don't see how those files are supposed to help at all, all they do is obscure the problem with a blank page.
            They have other value in it in other time. This is just in transit i suppose.

Now i receive this message after 403.shtml or 404.shtml files be deleted.
            Not Found

The requested URL /forums1/install/install.php was not found on this server.
            Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
            In the package vBulletin 4.2.0 PL2 i dont have it but in the zip i have it. I dont now why he desapere but i copy it and now i have the
            Ā«Please Enter Your Customer NumberĀ»

Tanks a lot the probleme is resolve.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X