Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i really need serious help.....can anyone help me.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] i really need serious help.....can anyone help me.?

My forum was hacked. I cannot get into my forum. all access is blocked. i have access to control panel/server.....but not the admincp. I dont understand all the lingo like revert templates....etc. Im just a regular guy and not tech savy. i understand the very basics. I need someone to show me step by step how to do it....or to do it for me.

things we tried:
    backup restore on the server
    installed 4.2.0 over 4.1.11

i cannot register a new account to try the tools.php trick. they disabled the register button.

can somebody please dedicate some time to helping me thoroughly? I would be very appreciative.

What exactly do you mean by "blocked" ?

If you did a complete restore, its hard to see how anything changed on the forum could stop you.

Did you also repalce all the vbulletin files with a freash copy, downloaded from here ?
    Baby, I was born this way

Comment

Originally posted by Paul M View Post
      What exactly do you mean by "blocked" ?

If you did a complete restore, its hard to see how anything changed on the forum could stop you.

Did you also repalce all the vbulletin files with a freash copy, downloaded from here ?
      by blocked i mean they changed my password...so i can not enter the forum or the admincp. They also blocked registry.

yes i swapped a newer version of vb (4.2.0 from 4.1.11). and it still has the exact same page showing.

Comment

Is your server with cPanel and PhpMyAdmin ?

Former vBulletin Support Staff
        Need Help?, Or P.M. Me

Comment

not sure. I have cpanel i believe....and inside of my cpanel...i can use phpmyadmin....if that makes any sense.

I installed tools.php and reset everything there from the styles to the templates to my admin name. Nothing worked....its still the same page i keep getting.

Comment

okay try that fast solution :
            open your phpmyadmin and run that query :

UPDATE `user` SET `email` = 'Your email address' WHERE `userid` =administrator id;

ex:
            UPDATE `user` SET `email` = '[email protected]' WHERE `userid` =2;

then reset your password using reset form :
            http://www.example.com/forum/login.php?do=lostpw

Need Help?, Or P.M. Me

Comment

it said no database selected. this is what i typed exactly....is this correct? '' UPDATE `user` SET `email` = '[email protected]' WHERE `userid` =1; ''

i dont know exactly where to ''run'' it.

Comment

open your phpmyadmin
                select the forum database from left column then select sql to run query
                type your query and hit Go button

Need Help?, Or P.M. Me

Comment

okay it said: 1 row affected. ( Query took 0.0005 sec )

now what do i do....follow the link above? I dont have a forum folder though so i think thats pointing to the wrong place

- - - Updated - - -

Not Found

The requested URL /forum/login.php was not found on this server.

Comment

remove forum from link and open the URL

Need Help?, Or P.M. Me

Comment

it worked....however....the link to reset the password sends me to a pron site that they put on my homepage. so it never reset it really.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a bogus site they put....i own a bodybuilding forum....take a look:

Dear pyes,

You have requested to reset your password on Iron Cocksucking Fag Forum because you have forgotten your password. If you did not request this, please ignore it. It will expire and become useless in 24 hours time.

To reset your password, please visit the following page:
                      http://****meintheass.com/login.php?...45e6ce5a16d8b7

When you visit that page, your password will be reset, and the new password will be emailed to you.

Your username is: pyes

To edit your profile, go to this page:
                      http://****meintheass.com/profile.php?do=editprofile

All the best,
                      Iron Cocksucking Fag Forum

Comment

Okay you have a reset link now ..

or
                        you need to open a support ticket ,

another wise send me a private message with your site details

Need Help?, Or P.M. Me

Comment

sent

Comment

you have PM

Need Help?, Or P.M. Me

Comment

Run this query to reset your password without using the interface:

UPDATE user SET password = MD5(CONCAT(MD5('new-password'), salt)) WHERE userid = 1

Replace new-password with the password you want. Replace 1 with your userid.

Login to your AdminCP and follow the steps in this article:
                              https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/cont...vBulletin-Site
                              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                              Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X