No announcement yet.

Username Images for vBulletin 4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Username Images for vBulletin 4?

I've checked around www.vbulletin.org, and I've only been able to find such a plugin for vBulletin 3. However, I've found sites such as www.dragondyce.com that actually have username images while they're using vBulletin 4. I'm wondering if anyone would be generous enough to share some of the code with me as to how I could get username images on vBulletin 4?

What is a username image?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      What is a username image?
      A username image is an image that replaces the username.

An example can be found on this user's profile: http://sythe.org/member.php?u=305023 (vBulletin 3)

Comment

Off my head I know of one way to do that by using Replacement Varliables.
        To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
        My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
        CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
        Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment

Originally posted by Merjawy View Post
          Off my head I know of one way to do that by using Replacement Varliables.
          Do you have MSN? Skype? Some sort of communication other than the forums? If you could assist me with my site, that would be highly appreciated.

Comment

I am not sure that is the best way of doing it though. It will replace the username all over the forum which might not be what you really after
            But it's a start

in AdminCP >> Styles Manager >> Replacement Varliables
            Replace the username with an image (using html)
            My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Comment

Originally posted by Merjawy View Post
              I am not sure that is the best way of doing it though. It will replace the username all over the forum which might not be what you really after
              But it's a start

in AdminCP >> Styles Manager >> Replacement Varliables
              Replace the username with an image (using html)
              Well I'm just looking for it to replace the username with an image when viewing a thread and on a user's profile. :/ The only modification that offers this is this one, and it's only for vBulletin 3.

Comment

I don't know of any addon that does this for 4.X. You might check Dragonbyte-tech.com to see if they offer it.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                  I don't know of any addon that does this for 4.X. You might check Dragonbyte-tech.com to see if they offer it.
                  I'm almost positive they only have username changes, but I'll definitely take a look. Thank you both for helping me, I appreciate it.

Comment

I think I got it

Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-07-17_1758.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	3689612

Comment

I looked at his examples a little more and what he wants is to convert the username into an image using ImageMagick or GD.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Right Wayne, and that's what I did on my test forum, as you can see, my username is no longer showing, instead the header image replaced my username.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm still working on postbit part

Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-07-17_2013.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	3689613

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X