Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Colouring login background

On here... http://www.ibusinessbuzz.co.uk/forums/forum.php

...you will notice the grey background around the user Name, Password and login. I want to change that to the same color as the bar it is on. I managed to do it on the Help and Register buttons using the following css in additional.css:

Code:
    .toplinks ul.nouser li a {
    background: none repeat scroll 0% 0% rgb(47, 68, 86);
    }
    Any ideas how? I'm struggling!

Thanks,

Jon

Try this
    Top Links Highlighted Background under Header stylevar

Either use this background #2f4456 or use transparent
    To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
    My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
    CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
    Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment

That worked nicely thank you.

Can I do the same method for the Help and Register button too? It would be nice to be consistent and also not having the background jutting down.

Comment

You're welcome

You can remove the code you posted above and the stylevar will cover them button too
        My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Comment

Oh that was easy! You can see I am very nearly there now.

I added this code to addtional.css so that I can get the "Remember Me?" text up onto the lower navbar.

Code:
          .remember {
              color: #FFFFFF;
              font: 11px Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Verdana,Geneva,sans-serif;
              margin-top: 40px;
              position: absolute;
              right: 140px;
              text-align: right;
              top: 0;
              z-index: 1; !important;
          }
          Unfortunately, its now over the user Name and Password stuff. I would like it between the Password field and the Log In button.

Any idea on how I might achieve that?

Then my header is done!

Comment

Try changing the position
            PHP Code:
                left: -120px

Comment

Just tried that but now its to the left of the user Name. I am wondering if I need to somehow move the fields and Log in button to the left somehow?

Comment

since to the fact you moved it down, you don't have room on the right to place it there, I personaly don't see an issue of it being on the left, but you could move it down which might not look as nice.

Comment

So I am wondering if I can use some form of absoluate positioning to move the user name and password elements to the left, if anyone knows how!

Comment

You can change the absolute position and it will drop down

Maybe something like:

position: right;

Comment

The thing I am having trouble with is to know what element needs the positioning change. i.e. what it is called. I managed it with the Help and Register buttons ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon12345 View Post
                        Oh that was easy! You can see I am very nearly there now.

I added this code to addtional.css so that I can get the "Remember Me?" text up onto the lower navbar.

Code:
                        .remember {
                            color: #FFFFFF;
                            font: 11px Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Verdana,Geneva,sans-serif;
                            margin-top: 40px;
                            position: absolute;
                           right: 140px;
                            text-align: right;
                            top: 0;
                            z-index: 1; !important;
                        }
                        Unfortunately, its now over the user Name and Password stuff. I would like it between the Password field and the Log In button.

Any idea on how I might achieve that?

Then my header is done!
                        The bold line in red from your code

Change it to something like
                        position: left;

Comment

It just goes below the fields then.

Comment

right and as I said before, it may not look as nice as you want it to be.

Another option is to make the Remember Me box checked by default and hide.

Comment

What does it actually do?

Comment