Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Forum URLs . Something wired!

Hello

a week ago, I noticed that when any showthread page loaded, some strange characters added to the end of the URL of the page, for example :

vb/showthread.php?154165-New-Headway-Pre-Intermediate-Fourth-Edition#.UANOkfU_Tio
    vb/showthread.php?6548-Native-English-Teacher-in-Istanbul#.UANOQfU_Tio
    vb/showthread.php?5153-Longman-Preparation-Course-for-the-TOEFL-iBT-Test-(2nd-Edition)-CD-ROM/page2#.UANPtfU_Tip

I didn't noticed those characters before, what can be this ??

Please advise!

btw, I didn't upgrade recently or installed any Mods ...
    Last edited by Winter Sonata; Sun 15th Jul '12, 3:34pm.

It looks like you might have been compromised.

Run the Suspect File Versions maintenance tool. Are there any results with File does not contain expected contents?
    Former vBulletin user

Comment

Hi, thanks for supporting but none of those files is wired to me?

What can that be???

Comment

Can you please elaborate on what you mean? When you run the tool Amaury mentioned, do any of the files give the result File does not contain expected contents?

Dustin
        http://quikmsg.net/strtoupper/ - Convert lowercase text and code to all uppercase!
        http://quikmsg.net/strtolower/ - Convert uppercase text and code to all lowercase!

Comment

Hi

Thanks for helping ,

I get some files which says : File not recognized as part of vBulletin

and a few says : File does not contain expected contents

those files are :

index.php ( which is a vba index file )
          ckeditor.js
          class_userprofile.php

Can you let me know what this mean?

- - - Updated - - -

I want to say that, those strange characters displays only at the showthread pages once the page finished loading
          Last edited by Winter Sonata; Mon 16th Jul '12, 5:08pm.

Comment

Can you provide a link to your site?
            My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
            vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

@Ace

yes, ..........
              Last edited by Winter Sonata; Mon 16th Jul '12, 6:47pm.

Comment

I clicked a couple of threads.

No weird characters there. Have you tried using another browser?

(From memory, the 'Add This' widget adds similar characters to URLs, in order to provide tracking.)
                Last edited by Ace; Mon 16th Jul '12, 7:06pm. Reason: Winter didn't want his domain showing.
                vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

Have you wait untill the page completely loaded?

mm, I used chrome now and nothing appears I gbot to use FF and those characters didn't appear before, but I have added infolinks script recently, maybe that cause that ?

Am I safe ? or I might have been compromised as @Amaury25 mentioned?

Comment

I doubt you have been compromised. It's not occurring now, and I'm not sure what benefit anyone would get out of causing that to occur.

Comment

And can those characters appears at the link affect SEO?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm now deleteing the add this code to see if those disappeared or not

- - - Updated - - -

Oh you were right, this Add this code is the responsible for those characters they disappeared

Thank you so much !!

one more thing, is there any negative effects if I return the add this code?

will Goole consider it's a new URL ?

Comment

It's best to upgrade your forum to at least 4.1.12 if not 4.2.0 pl2
                        To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
                        My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
                        CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
                        Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment

Thank you guys for your help, highly appreciated~

Thanks @Ace

Comment

No problemo, glad we could figure it out.

Comment