Upgraded to 4.20 redirect issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Upgraded to 4.20 redirect issues

I upgraded my site to 4.2 from 4.1 and now the site has a redirect problem.

I changed the navigation pane to default on my forum.

I disabled vbseo to eliminate that potential issue.

If I default to whats new, it comes up as normal but the forum link takes you no where.

circuit-racer.com

Everything appears to be fine on my end.

Comment

Originally posted by Lycaon View Post
      Everything appears to be fine on my end.
      Same here.

Comment

Yeah, I changed tab settings URL.

The site is still having problems though, the redirect now has a completely different address then before.

this is how it used to be circuit-racer.com/forums

also, when you click the logo that used to take you back to the home page, it redirects to an error page obviously due to bad URL addresses. So several little bugs by doing that fix in the url tab. I just want it how it used to be. The google plus counter is back at 0 so I know this address is new and not being picked up properly.

now the address with the fix. it seems to be having more issues with mozilla too, like not working at all.

http://circuit-racer.com/forums/forum.php?

- - - Updated - - -

anyone from vb?

- - - Updated - - -

Screw it, I rolled it back to yesterdays backup.

what a debacle...where the hell is the support I was promised?
        Last edited by coreyroun; Fri 13 Jul '12, 1:02pm.

Comment

I don't see anywhere that support is promised. But as you do not currently have ticket support I was unable to offer you further support in the ticket system.

Your site seems to be showing on 4.2.0 just fine right now. Did you figure out the problem?

Comment

• Indefinite software license
            • Free updates for this version
            • Discounts for next version upgrades
            • Free forum support

I guess this means?

The site says 4.2, but its not. Would you like to log in and see that its not 4.2? The site doesnt have a navigation manager which is only in 4.2 right? I rolled it back but the DB rollback didn't take... I then Upgraded to 4.1.1 to get back some things that were missing from the header, but it still says 4.2 at the bottom.

Im so fed up I was just happy the site worked and was directing to the right URLs. If I want to upgrade to 4.2 Im going to have to jump thru hoops to get my site to work? I don't get it, why would you guys do this?

I went with you guys because it was easy for the most part, Im not a programmer. I bought a program I have expectations for (like upgrades not needing tons of fixes) but it seems Im asking too much?
            Last edited by coreyroun; Tue 17 Jul '12, 12:06pm.

Comment

Well, for one, vBSEO is enabled.

And also, I am quite a few links, and all of them seem to be working properly.

Regards,

Dustin
              http://quikmsg.net/strtoupper/ - Convert lowercase text and code to all uppercase!
              http://quikmsg.net/strtolower/ - Convert uppercase text and code to all lowercase!

Comment

Originally posted by coreyroun View Post
                • Indefinite software license
                • Free updates for this version
                • Discounts for next version upgrades
                • Free forum support

I guess this means?

The site says 4.2, but its not. Would you like to log in and see that its not 4.2? The site doesnt have a navigation manager which is only in 4.2 right? I rolled it back but the DB rollback didn't take... I then Upgraded to 4.1.1 to get back some things that were missing from the header, but it still says 4.2 at the bottom.

Im so fed up I was just happy the site worked and was directing to the right URLs. If I want to upgrade to 4.2 Im going to have to jump thru hoops to get my site to work? I don't get it, why would you guys do this?

I went with you guys because it was easy for the most part, Im not a programmer. I bought a program I have expectations for (like upgrades not needing tons of fixes) but it seems Im asking too much?
                If it says 4.2 you're on 4.2 If you tried to restore the db but it didn't go you're still on 4.2.

Step 1 would be uploading the 4.2.0 files.
                Step 2 run the upgrade
                Step 3, disable any and ALL third party addons which would include vbseo.

Comment