Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preventing users from editing/deleting OP and from editing posts after X hours.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Answered] Preventing users from editing/deleting OP and from editing posts after X hours.

Hello all, my questions are those in the title of this thread. Is there any way to do this?
    www.bodybuildingpro.com

The Original Post is considered a Post, just like all other Posts, there's no individual setting to control how long that can be edited.

The global 'can edit own post' permission is in the Usergroup Manager.

This permission allows members of this group to edit their own posts. This permission works in conjunction with the "Time Limit on Editing of Posts" setting in your vBulletin options.
    My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
    vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

Bodybuilding.

Originally posted by Ace View Post
      The Original Post is considered a Post, just like all other Posts, there's no individual setting to control how long that can be edited.

The global 'can edit own post' permission is in the Usergroup Manager.
      Just checked that out, thanks.

Do you know if it's possible so that the "edited" statement doesn't show up unless a user edits their post after X hours?
      www.bodybuildingpro.com

Comment

Admin CP --> Settings --> Options --> Message Posting and Editing Options --> Time to Wait Before Starting to Display 'Last Edited by...'

That's what you're after, ya?

- - - Updated - - -

Admin CP --> Settings --> Options --> Message Posting and Editing Options --> Time to Wait Before Starting to Display 'Last Edited by...'

That's what you're after, ya?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X