Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why can users reopen their thread after I close it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Why can users reopen their thread after I close it?

I am on 4.2.0 PL2 and whenever I lock a thread the author of thread can re-open it, how do I fix it? Very annoying issue.

Which group are they from? If they're not from a staff group, check their thread permissions.
    Former vBulletin user

Comment

Check their permissions under Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager. Set the "Can Open/Close Own Threads permission to no. If that doesn't fix it then you have to look at all the custom permissions under Usergroups -> Forum Permissions.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
        Check their permissions under Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager. Set the "Can Open/Close Own Threads permission to no. If that doesn't fix it then you have to look at all the custom permissions under Usergroups -> Forum Permissions.
        But I want them to be able to close their own threads if they want to, just not reopen them if a mod or admin closes it

- - - Updated - - -

Seems to be a new issue, it used to be that if I closed a thread a user couldn't reopen it.

Comment

Originally posted by Okuma Steve View Post
          Seems to be a new issue, it used to be that if I closed a thread a user couldn't reopen it.
          Only if you previously had an addon that prevented this. vBulletin doesn't prevent this by default. It is a known shortcoming.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

I went back and tested it on an old test site and you're right, I can't believe I never had an issue with it until now.

Comment

Working...
            X