Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ComputerModding
    • Sep 2007

[Forum] Good hosting solution

I have used vBulletin for about 5 years now and as my website has grown so has my hosting needs, I have gone from a shared hosting account with only 3,000 members to a dedicated server with 28,000 members.

I am paying £160 a month for the server with the following traffic;

52,139 Visits
    457,122 Pageviews

In April every year the traffic doubles due to a major sporting event which the forum is based around and we get a few outages due to mySQL load.

I need to reduce the hosting bill each month or close the site down, just 12 months ago I was only paying £89 for a VPS server but when I upgraded to VB4 the server resources went through the roof and the VPS could no longer handle it.

So basically I want to ask other forum owners with the same or more traffic what companies you use and how much you pay for your forum hosting. I have been asking about and HostGator who I have used in the past seem to think that their basic package can handle the resources I am asking for but but I am really not sure about moving to HostGator for a number of reasons, one being hosting a UK based site in The USA and the stories I have heard from other website owners about HostGator closing their sites down if they are too much of a drain on the resources.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎