Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Renamed Forums Folder by mistake How to Fix It ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Renamed Forums Folder by mistake How to Fix It ?

I Made a mistake of renaming the Forums Folder to something eles but now when i changed it back i am getting a error

Not Found

The requested URL /Forum was not found on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

How can i Fix This ?

Meant to rename a different folder

Have you tried simply re-uploading a fresh copy of it to your server?
    Former vBulletin user

Comment

no not yet i was thinking about that tho

Comment

Originally posted by Demon119 View Post
        no not yet i was thinking about that tho
        Give that a try and let us know if it resolves your issue.
        Former vBulletin user

Comment

Samething nothing changed

there a way to reset the mysql database?

Comment

Samething nothing changed

there a way to reset the mysql database?
            I wouldn't know, so we'll have to wait for one of the staff members to respond here.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
            Former vBulletin user

Comment

Have you tried renaming the folder back to forum?

What was it originally?

What is the URL to it?
              My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
              vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

it was /Forum www.darkfta.com/Forum yes i did change it back to that

its not reconizing the database now

Comment

What did you change it to? I am still getting a 404 on the link you posted.

Regards,

Dustin
                  http://quikmsg.net/strtoupper/ - Convert lowercase text and code to all uppercase!
                  http://quikmsg.net/strtolower/ - Convert uppercase text and code to all lowercase!

Comment

it was /Forum(off) by mistake but i changed it back to /Forum

Comment

What do you mean its not recognizing the database? All I'm getting is a 404 error.

Can you take a screen shot of what you see in your FTP folder?

Comment

I Got it i just deleted the config.php file and then renamed the Forum folder again to somthing eles + renamed it back to Forum + uploaded the config.php file again and it worked lol crazy way huh

Comment

/Forum is not the same as /forum in URLs
                          To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
                          My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
                          CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
                          Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment

I Got it i just deleted the config.php file and then renamed the Forum folder again to somthing eles + renamed it back to Forum + uploaded the config.php file again and it worked lol crazy way huh
                            Just FYI, if you don't want to miss a lot of traffic, /Forum is much worse than /forum. Most people use lowercase URLs.
                            My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
                            vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

Working...
                            X