Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How offten does the post/thread count stats at the bottom of forum.php update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] How offten does the post/thread count stats at the bottom of forum.php update?

I have done some searching and can't find anything. The database count and the count displayed on forum.php are off about 5,000 posts on my board. I know I can update the thread view counter in scheduled tasks. Can I manually update this one? How often does it update?

Click image for larger version

Name:	postcounter.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	3724025

Any deleted or hidden (moderated) threads or posts in your database?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

How offten does the post/thread count stats at the bottom of forum.php update?

No deleted but hidden. My mod only board. That makes sense, not sure how many posts and threads are on the mod only board but I bet that makes up for the difference.

How often does this counter update and can I do it manually?

Comment

The counter will update whenever a post or thread is added to the site.

You could try running Maintenance > General Update Tools > Rebuild Thread Information and then Rebuild Forum Information and see if that updates it. (But if they are hidden, those won't be included.)

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
          The counter will update whenever a post or thread is added to the site.

You could try running Maintenance > General Update Tools > Rebuild Thread Information and then Rebuild Forum Information and see if that updates it. (But if they are hidden, those won't be included.)
          Can I set it up to allow hidden posts to be counted?

Comment

There is no default option for that, no. You would need to modify the code to do that which is something you may ask about over on vbulletin.org, the modification site.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
              There is no default option for that, no. You would need to modify the code to do that which is something you may ask about over on vbulletin.org, the modification site.
              Thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X