looking to change that yellow hover color in stylevars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] looking to change that yellow hover color in stylevars

I'm wanting to change the default yellow color for when you hover on a lot of the links. It is #ffeb90 to be exact.

It's also the background color for the "Be sure to read FAQ if this is your first time to the forum" ... or whatever it says... when you're not logged in. You know what I mean I'm sure.

I went to the stylevars in my admin page, but I can't figure out which one I need to change.

Is there a guide for what correlates to what in the stylevars menu?? There are a lot of different styles there to search through, if I am looking for something specific, like I am now.

thanks heaps

notices_background

Also, here is a style variable dictionary.
    Former vBulletin user

Comment

Great. THank you!

Comment

Actually I think the stylevar the thread starter is looking for is probably navbar_popupmenu_link_hover_background.

notices_background does have the same colour by default, but it does a different job.

navbar_popupmenu_link_hover_background controls the hover colour of the cells in the dropdown menus.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Ok, so that took care of the notice, but how about when I click on "community" and the drop down menu appears.

When I hover on that dropdown menu, the background color is still that yellow color. How do I change that one?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh sweet! I'll try that. I just saw your post after I typed my last post.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I don't see that as an option in the style vars that I am looking at... ??

Comment

I just checked on a default 4.2.0 install and it's definitely there.

Just type hover into the search box, you will see it in the results.

Comment

Originally posted by rhender View Post
              Ok, so that took care of the notice, but how about when I click on "community" and the drop down menu appears.

When I hover on that dropdown menu, the background color is still that yellow color. How do I change that one?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh sweet! I'll try that. I just saw your post after I typed my last post.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I don't see that as an option in the style vars that I am looking at... ??
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Navigation Bar Popup Menu Hover Row Background.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	3689567
              Former vBulletin user

Comment

yeah, that is the problem I suppose. I am still using version 4.1.4 (that option is not there), because I haven't set up a testing site yet to make sure upgrades don't screw me up.

Would you know what it is in version 4.1.4 by chance?

- sorry for late response... for some reason I wasn't notified by email so I didn't think anyone had responded yet.

Comment

Originally posted by rhender View Post
                  yeah, that is the problem I suppose. I am still using version 4.1.4 (that option is not there), because I haven't set up a testing site yet to make sure upgrades don't screw me up.

Would you know what it is in version 4.1.4 by chance?

- sorry for late response... for some reason I wasn't notified by email so I didn't think anyone had responded yet.
                  I'm not sure about this as I don't have access to older versions, but I never removed the orphan stylevars in mine so the old ones should still be there.

Try this one:

popupmenu_link_hover_background

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
                    I'm not sure about this as I don't have access to older versions, but I never removed the orphan stylevars in mine so the old ones should still be there.

Try this one:

popupmenu_link_hover_background
                    That won't work. That only controls the background for the toolbar, such as where Thread Tools is, the Moderation Tools menu, and the Quick Navigation menu.
                    Former vBulletin user

Comment

Originally posted by Amaury25 View Post
                      That won't work. That only controls the background for the toolbar, such as where Thread Tools is, the Moderation Tools menu, and the Quick Navigation menu.
                      Oh. I dunno then. I'd need access to a pre-4.1.10 version and then I'd find it within seconds but without that, I think it's one for the support staff.

Comment

Is this what you need?

Name:	2012-07-10_1421.png
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	3689568

Here's where you change it. (it will change in other places as well)

Name:	2012-07-10_1423.png
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	3689569
                        To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
                        My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
                        CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
                        Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment

Merjawy, You nailed it. Thanks so much for helping me out and taking the time.

Same to everyone else. Thanks so much for helping me out. I really appreciate it.

Now, I'm just wondering what will happen when I upgrade to the latest version..??? I'm definitely going to set up a testing site to make sure all is good.

Comment

You're welcome.

I installed 4.1.4 to find out where it is at, then I just upgraded today to the latest Alpha and removed all orphan stylevars but the changes I made are still there.

Name:	2012-07-11_1141.jpg
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	3689580

You will see where the stylevar now after you upgrade

Name:	2012-07-11_1143.png
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	3689581
                            To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
                            My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
                            CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
                            Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment

When you upgrade an attempt is made to map the old stylevars to the new so you may be ok. All mine worked fine. As ever always upgrade a test mirror first.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X