Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Separating Borders and Postbit Footer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Forum] Separating Borders and Postbit Footer

    How would I add vertical separating borders for the forum sections between the Title / Thread Starter, Replies / Views, and Last Post By columns? I would also like to add them between the [category name], Threads / Posts, and Last Post columns on the index page.

    Also, for our dark and dark-ish styles, how would I make these icons lighter?

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Postbit Footer.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	3723992
    Former vBulletin user

  • #2
    This may work:

    Code:
    .threadlisthead span.threadinfo, 
    .threadlisthead span.threadstats,
    .forumhead .forumtitle, 
    .forumhead .forumthreadpost {
    	border-{vb:stylevar right}: 1px solid red;
    }
    Also, you may need some padding for .forumlastpost

    You sure need to use web developer tools to debug you pages
    try using firebug in Firefox, chrome already have inspect element tool.

    As for images, you need to change them in your style image directory, they are located in buttons folder.
    Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns

    Links: vBulletin Manual - Code Documentation - FAQ - Bug Tracker - Lemon Juice
    vBulletin 5 Connect: Extensions - Articles - Features - Purchases

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by al3bed View Post
      This may work:

      Code:
      .threadlisthead span.threadinfo, 
      .threadlisthead span.threadstats,
      .forumhead .forumtitle, 
      .forumhead .forumthreadpost {
          border-{vb:stylevar right}: 1px solid red;
      }
      Also, you may need some padding for .forumlastpost

      You sure need to use web developer tools to debug you pages
      try using firebug in Firefox, chrome already have inspect element tool.

      As for images, you need to change them in your style image directory, they are located in buttons folder.
      Alright, so those just got the headers, which I also wanted, but what other CSS would I add so it covers the whole forum index and section rows?

      How do I adjust the padding? If I make it 0, the border disappears, and if I make it higher than 1, it gets thicker and overlaps the Last Post text more.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	Forum Index.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	3689540

      Also, it doesn't go up and down the entire header here:

      Click image for larger version

Name:	Section.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	3689541

      Thanks for the help.
      Former vBulletin user

      Comment


      • #4
        So you want the entire columns to be covered with borders? we have a little problem here and you may need to make changes in your fourmhome_ templates or their related css in style variables.

        look what will happen if you tried to give .forumstats class some borders. The width of columns are calculated with percentage.
        I think you can't do this in beautiful way without changing in templates..
        Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns

        Links: vBulletin Manual - Code Documentation - FAQ - Bug Tracker - Lemon Juice
        vBulletin 5 Connect: Extensions - Articles - Features - Purchases

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by al3bed View Post
          So you want the entire columns to be covered with borders? we have a little problem here and you may need to make changes in your fourmhome_ templates or their related css in style variables.

          look what will happen if you tried to give .forumstats class some borders. The width of columns are calculated with percentage.
          I think you can't do this in beautiful way without changing in templates..
          That is correct.

          When I made this thread, I knew it was possible, because I've seen other forums like that.

          Anyway, pretty much something like this:

          Click image for larger version

Name:	Borders.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	3689542

          Not that thick, of course, though. Also, where I drew that second line is where I would like the line in the header to be so it's not overlapping with Last Post.
          Last edited by Amaury; Thu 5th Jul '12, 8:36pm.
          Former vBulletin user

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Amaury25 View Post
            That is correct.

            When I made this thread, I knew it was possible, because I've seen other forums like that.

            Anyway, pretty much something like this:

            [ATTACH=CONFIG]60379[/ATTACH]

            Not that thick, of course, though. Also, where I drew that second line is where I would like the line in the header to be so it's not overlapping with Last Post.
            Anything?
            Former vBulletin user

            Comment


            • #7
              *bump*
              Former vBulletin user

              Comment


              • #8
                Bumptastic!
                Former vBulletin user

                Comment


                • #9
                  *bump*
                  Former vBulletin user

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    *bump*
                    Former vBulletin user

                    Comment

                    widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X